SAU Community

Cleaning Out Oil From Cooling System

arep3

hey guys and girls!

a while ago i had a problem with sump oil getting into my cooling system. i had a post on here about it. the problem turned out to be the factory heat transfer unit that the oil filter bolts onto.

now that its fixed, i need to get the oil out of my cooling system... if anybody has tried this before u know how much fun im having!

ive been to the radiator place today and the suggested i could put a good 3 litres of kerosene in my cooling system with the water. it will eat the oil thats in there but it wont damage anything. what do people think about this idea?? i dunno if i like the idea of adding another foreign substance to my cooling system.

what have u guys done to flush out the cooling system properly? the radiator is easy enough but what about the block?

cheers everyone, Ron

Could always use a cooling system flush, run it for a awhile then flush it out thru your heater hose, make sure the heater is switched to hot, possibly need the ignition 'on' cuz its climate control. Make sure you select full hot. Just use a garden hose with no end on it and push it up the rubber heater hose once you disconnect it from the head or heat exchanger.

Deren

thanks for the replies everyone. so far ive used a full bottle of tectaloy radiator flush and ive done it several times with water. its changed from the caramel colour u were talking about 2GU UP to a lovely black... it does seam to have less in there but im no where near happy. sorry Deren i dont know which heater hose u are talking about. so far ive been taking the bottom radiator hose off and flooding the radiator with water. filling it up again and letting it idle for a few minutes and then repeating. when i did the flush chemical i was taking it for a 'fun' drive up the hill and back then flushing it out. i have another bottle of the stuff and im about to have another go today. wish me luck!

Could always use a cooling system flush, run it for a awhile then flush it out thru your heater hose, make sure the heater is switched to hot, possibly need the ignition 'on' cuz its climate control. Make sure you select full hot. Just use a garden hose with no end on it and push it up the rubber heater hose once you disconnect it from the head or heat exchanger.

Deren

is that the small hose that runs around the front of the cam cover? the 1 im thinking of plumbs back into where the top radiator hose goes. do i need to remove the theromstat so i can flush it fast as without the motor running?

this tectaloy flush stuff is the shishnaz! gimmie a few more days of flushing and ill be a happy man. just wish i didnt feel so guilty cos of the water restrictions....