SAU Community

Is It Worth Importing An R3425gt?

Just wondering what you guys think would be my best option? to import an r34 25gt myself through an importer like j spec or am i better of just buying an r34 35gt of a dealership, already complied etc, registed..

so far the bst deal if found is a 1998 r34 35gt, full nismo body kit, black, tip tronic, under 50 000ks, $19 000, with 6 months rego and 3 years warranty...

sounds like a good deal to me?, just wondering how much i would save importing it myself?? or is it just to much time and hassles?

Thanks for any help

Just wondering what you guys think would be my best option? to import an r34 25gt myself through an importer like j spec or am i better of just buying an r34 35gt of a dealership, already complied etc, registed..

so far the bst deal if found is a 1998 r34 35gt, full nismo body kit, black, tip tronic, under 50 000ks, $19 000, with 6 months rego and 3 years warranty...

sounds like a good deal to me?, just wondering how much i would save importing it myself?? or is it just to much time and hassles?

Thanks for any help

at $19,000 plus importing costs... That's a fair bit... Probably what like another.. 3 grand? or more.. Just buy local..

yeah they can be. basically whatever the dealer's profit margin is, you save. could range from $1k - 4k.

A dealer has an incentive to buy a cheap car at auction (cheap for whatever reason - damage, wear high km's etc), fix anything wrong with it, and then sell at the local market price so as to maximise their profit. Not to say all dealers are dodgy like this, but the incentive is there.

With an import broker the incentive is for them to find the best possible car for you, as they receive a fixed fee and want a good repuation so you refer your friends.

hope this helps you decide

that definitly is a significant saving of 5 k, but im scared to buy a car without seeing it? dont know if you guys feel the same.. the ks are also a lil high compared to 45 000, an the 3 years wananty isnt there, and im very impatient lol 6 weeks to long