SAU Community

R32 Demister Quick Question

Damo Monster

Hi there..

Im my R32, my rear window demister doesnt go.... now I've searched already and didnt get anywhere.. so bear with me.. I have pulled the switch out of the cluster, and tested it to be good, so i know its not the on/off button at fault... all of the wires etched on the glass are fine as ive tested them too... so there must be another part of it, like a relay or something, but i dont know where it is! any suggestions... the orange light doesnt even come on when the button is pressed...

Cheers,

Damo

ive had a bit of a look through the fuse box and everything seems sweet.. although i dont know specifically which fuse is for the demister as i cant read japanese.. but i am quite certain its not a fuse... there must be a relay or some sort of other control unit for these.. any ideas? esp if even the orange light doesnt go on the button...

dunno if it helps but mine did the same thing since i bought it no light or anything then one day i was looking at pulling the switch out and just pushed the button in and out a couple of times and gave the button area a good hit and then the light started working and the demister has never missed a beat. So it was probably just a bad connection in the switch or maybe it hadn't been used for a while but thats what happened with mine. Its not hard to get the switch out and check the wires anyway just 2 screws i think but thats if u have to start checking power and earth at the switch and then at the demister as well.