SAU Community

Sqeakin Brakes

j-baby

hi guys

i have got a major problem and i really need advice ASAP Being a chick with a skyline its seems that every mechanic will do anything to rip you off. I have recently gotten my brakes and rotors replaced and now i have them sqeakin really bad. They are my front brakes sqeakin like hell. They sprayed some anit sqeakin still didnt work and paid heaps for NOTHIN they put new pads in aswell as putting new rotors on. They are still sqeakin hell bad and getting worse.

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MY CAR OR WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MY CAR :)

hey ....

the problem is easy....... u are using a metal brake

to solve ur problem u need to use a ceramice brake

i use Bendix General CT cost about $45 a pair

they r stand cheap brake

but the work the best and yes the will stop at 200km+

Go do a track day that always gets the noise out of my brakes

good idea.

though this begs the question - did j-baby bed his brakes in properley?

j-baby - try this (check via the search button... hint hint, newbie:

Find a nice stretch of road, and apply the brakes as hard as possible without locking up from 100+ kph (110 is the legal limit) to about 10 kph. DON'T STOP - just brake hard. make sure you release before

repeat it a few times...

I got bendix top range ???? its crap and embaressing. its not hot to be a chick driving a nice skyline and brakes are sqeakin really LOUD

What pads have you got in there?

I myself am having this problem, tried everything but am taking it in to Racebrakes to get it checked out.

Ever since they changed my rotors and pads it has sqeaked. They fixed it for 3 days then it has gotten worse. In the begining it was rock in my calipers but now its beyond that and im running out of options.

could be brake dust, or maybe the backing plate could be touching the rotor, could be a rock in the caliper, Is it only when you apply the brakes?

hey j- baby i had the same problem when bought bendex ultimates, pissing me off so i bought some CRC brake quiet from autobarn, bout $9.

all u do is apllie to both sides of the pads and let it dry, then whack back in! i did it bout 9 months ago and still no noise

also its red and like paste sorter drys rubbery

Edited by ali-turko

thank god im not the only one. im in perth so im gonna have to search where tgey are coz we dun have autobarn here :blink:

hey j- baby i had the same problem when bought bendex ultimates, pissing me off so i bought some CRC brake quiet from autobarn, bout $9.

all u do is apllie to both sides of the pads and let it dry, then whack back in! i did it bout 9 months ago and still no noise

pretty much straight away coz i have to reverse out of my drive way and its starts from there. it sounds like metal to metal but im not convinced it is. i dunno what else to do :blink:

do the brakes squeal all the time, or just till they warm up ?

coz cold brakes squealing is very common.

I had the same problem as most skyline drivers. The best fix for the squeeling brakes is to go and buy a couple of cans of brake cleaner and some crc anti squeel (red silicon).

1)pull pads and anti squeel shims

2)clean the shims, pads, pins and caliper with the brake clean. (make it all look like new)

3)roughen up the surface of the rotor with some 80grit sandpaper and do the same to the pads.

4)on the REAR ONLY use the crc anti sqeal, put it on the back of the pad and down the outside edges of the pad. (the rear pads have a lot of lateral movement and by doing this it minimises this movement and therefore less sqeeking).

5)Put the brakes all back together.

I use bendex advance as they are constructed from organic material rather then metal.