SAU Community

R33 Gtst Power Window Problem

booosted33

Hey sorry guys but I've posted this elswhere on the forums and mods can delete if I'm not allowed to do this but I have a problem and just wondering if anyone can help?!

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=142432

theres the link to the page just seems people read different places to others so I thought I'd try you guys, any help is appreciated thanks for you time.

Tim.

i had this problem and myself and lee (lbr33) tried to figure it out and still couldnt. i just ended up replacing the black motor box thingy and that resolved it using his power switches.

went back to mine and still didnt work... only to find out a few wks later that the plastic bits to push the button thing up and down were broken. gluing a piece of plastic back to it to act as the fork ended up fixing it.

pm me and if u want, i can have a look to see if its the same thing i was having with mine.

Yeah ive actually investigated alot and ive pulled the switch apart from the plastic mech ontop and you can move it around and stuff and you can still hear the black motor box just like a clicking kinda sound as i move the switch on the 3 settings, so im thinking it might be the motor box if so how much would that set me back to replace?

Can be one of 3 things padwan.

1. Window motor

2. Window switchs

3. Window relay

test each one.

thanks to Falconios fro helping me figure that one out :(

Hehe well i know for sure it isnt my switch but it could be my relay or motor, although how do i get to my motor to pull it out and check and stuff! Is this something I should DIY ?

Just got my car back from auto electrican today,and my motot in drivers side was screwed because of the auto switch. He reckons donty use aoto switch ever,always manually control the window urself. My switch is a bit broken,but all i got was a reconditioned motor,cost $250 fitted.

mine stuffed up because my auto switch is screwed,and when i use it,it stays clicked down which is why my motor burned out. Im not sure what a new switch is worth, but im over window expenses. As long as it works up and down i dont care about a switch. The guy reckobs his fixes about 3 skylines a week with the same prob as mine. Just so i didnt think he was rippin me off,i took it for a second opinion and he said exactly the same thing. So expect to pay atleast $250 for a motot fitted,as other places were $400-$500