SAU Community

Afm Question.

RaZ_TuRbO

upgrade to a Z32 afm and get a tune to suit, it will be better in the long run as the rb20/25 afms are somewhat restrictive.

I have found Croydn Racing Developments (site sponsor) to be the best priced supplier for the Z32 AFM

hope that helps!

upgrade to a Z32 afm and get a tune to suit, it will be better in the long run as the rb20/25 afms are somewhat restrictive.

I have found Croydn Racing Developments (site sponsor) to be the best priced supplier for the Z32 AFM

hope that helps!

What he said

RellikZephyr

hey,

since these things go all the time on skylines i was wondering where the chepest place around BRIS to get these and is it worth getting on from the wreckers?

cheers

I have one for sale - $150 including postage to bris

thats a bit better than $$250 second hand that i just got quoted!, the hide of some people. so r32 and r33 afms are interchangable/the same? i got a mate with a 33 so if its the problem ill pm you 2rismo

As i posted previously, all your issues will be sorted with the install and tune of Z32 80m Afm, if you plan to generate more ponies from your car a Z32 is a cheap way of extracting power.

He wants to replace the standard one Eddie :happy:

the cost of a new Z32 AFM is about $450 including plug might no be worth it dont forget the tuning/remaping price....

but from what i was informed the 32 is interchangeable 33.... dont quote me though....

but still 150 for AFM delivered is not bad....

is the Z32 AFM, fully compatible with the PowerFC?

do any of u have or use this setup?

yes, was looking into this option (have the Power FC already) but its not really worth it unless you want huge horse power or have 500+ dollars just lying around.......

is the Z32 AFM, fully compatible with the PowerFC?

do any of u have or use this setup?

I dont personally but am going to if funds permit.

The power-fc has a setting for the z32 and the q45 I think, please someone confirm?

yes, was looking into this option (have the Power FC already) but its not really worth it unless you want huge horse power or have 500+ dollars just lying around.......

about 200kw (depending on what mods of course) is where the standard afm runs out of resolution

Only series 1 AFM's are interchangeable with R32 RB20DET AFM's. The Series 2 has a 3 wire AFM with a pink label.

Don't forget that you can't just wire in a Z32 AFM and away you go. The ECU will have to be remapped...which is not possible on the R33 ECU. This means you will need to buy an aftermarket ECU like a PFC of something similar. You have to ask yourself what you want out of the car. Over 200rwkw? Then upgrade it.....if not then leave it.

Only series 1 AFM's are interchangeable with R32 RB20DET AFM's. The Series 2 has a 3 wire AFM with a pink label.

Don't forget that you can't just wire in a Z32 AFM and away you go. The ECU will have to be remapped...which is not possible on the R33 ECU. This means you will need to buy an aftermarket ECU like a PFC of something similar. You have to ask yourself what you want out of the car. Over 200rwkw? Then upgrade it.....if not then leave it.