SAU Community

101 Motorcafe?

Konrad

Are 101 any good - i'm looking at taking my car there for a power fc tune. Basically if anyone has had their car there i would like to know how were they on service, price and quality of tune :P

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had my GTS-t serviced there many moons ago, they were very thorough and bought a few issues to my attention. they didn't have any dyno gear or tuning stuff but IIRC they had only been open for a little while. so i guess

my info is a little old.....

have heard mixed reactions about them....

some people are happy with them, yet just as many people are not...

i'm not sure if PowerFC's have this feature or not, but 101 have a bad habit of locking tunes, and refuse to unlock them unless you pay $1000... so basically you either have to reset the computer and start from scratch, or keep going back to 101 for tunes... which, as i said, most people aren't happy with their level of tuning anyway....

refer to this thread for some more feedback on 101 (it's a bit of a long read, but worth it to see how unwilling they are to help out a customer, their general level of tuning, and their attitude)

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/sh...p;highlight=101

cliffnotes of that PF thread are:

The previous owner of my skyline had it tuned at 101, I bought the skyline, drove it back to Darwin, engine blew up, had it rebuild, flew a mate of mine (Dale, 10sec_rx7) up from Sydney to tune it, realised the ECU was locked, called 101 to get a password to open it up to make use of my friend. 101 couldn't remember it, then they could enter in a 'magic' code to erase the one in it and provide a base map, although I would need to take the car to them, they didn't care I was in Darwin, then they remembered the code, and said I could have it for $1,000. This was a progression over about 7 hours. PF got together and constantly called 101 asking them for my code but until they saw $1,000 their attidue was and I quote "it's not my problem".

I don't know if they are great guys, never met them, I don't know if they do a good tune, although I have heard different and I don't know about their mods or servicing. I do know that their customer service STINKS and that when they are put under pressure when something goes wrong, you need to pay them to help you, and even then they do a suck ass job. They will NOT tune a car and leave the ECU unlocked. They lock the ECU to confirm you go back there and spend more money with them... not to protect a "good" tune.

Zoom, Perth Street Cars, Hot4's, Race and another mag were all going to look into it further. We managed to get through the ECU lock by going through MoTec after exlapining what service we were offered by 101. Motec were going to do their own investigation.

Take you're car there if you like, but I would rather stap my eyes out with blunt spoons.

Edited by phee

I got a forged engie rebuid at 101 not too long ago, Rob done most of the work on it - and he did a awesome job. I'm looking at getting my car tuned there in the near future ..but after reading this I'll have to ask a few questions I think.

I know that 101 was owned by Asians, but it is now owned by Indians. They took over it about 6-7mts ago I think.

2 months ago from what I heard, cause a mate of mine is friends with the previous owner and under the contract he couldn't give out what the code was. 101 might know what they are doing, all I am saying is under pressure if something goes wrong, you're own your own and they don't want to help you until you throw some cash in their face. That's not how to do business IMO. Hope nothing goes wrong with your engine R33MR.

If you want your car tuned I suggest going for a drive down to coast to see this guy:

Performance Injection Tuning Services (PITS)

10/ 42 Export Drv Molendinar 4214

0411 340 033

Matty Spry

I know they built that dragme skyline but that doesnt mean anything.

Go and see Paul at Masterson motors at Stafford he is very good and is the state manager for motec. I have been going there for years.

Edited by subzeroR33

hmm thanks guys. I wanted to go to 101 as i live in logan and it seemed logical as they're nice and close. Shops i've rang say they need my car for at least 2 days, one shop even wanted it for 1 week to do a power fc tune!

post-7531-1163330340.jpgpost-7531-1163329739.jpgpost-7531-1163329988.jpghay all

i would have to say their customer servise used to be shit it was run by certain people who obviously didnt no what they were doing the new owners have taken over and its improved 200% i have been going their for years to build drag me to were it is today they have the right staff now rob nows his shit for tunning and john does all the custom welding and shit i trust them and i think their doing the right thing now the new owners have only been their 3 months...as they say you dont no unless u try them any querries about them you can call me 0421771771

DRAG ME....

post-7531-1163330340.jpgpost-7531-1163329739.jpgpost-7531-1163329988.jpghay all

i would have to say their customer servise used to be shit it was run by certain people who obviously didnt no what they were doing the new owners have taken over and its improved 200% i have been going their for years to build drag me to were it is today they have the right staff now rob nows his shit for tunning and john does all the custom welding and shit i trust them and i think their doing the right thing now the new owners have only been their 3 months...as they say you dont no unless u try them any querries about them you can call me 0421771771

DRAG ME....

dude ur car looks insane!!ddd ^^

no comment about 101, ive only bought some oils from the indian guys. so not much exp with them. place looks nice though.

2 months ago from what I heard, cause a mate of mine is friends with the previous owner and under the contract he couldn't give out what the code was. 101 might know what they are doing, all I am saying is under pressure if something goes wrong, you're own your own and they don't want to help you until you throw some cash in their face. That's not how to do business IMO. Hope nothing goes wrong with your engine R33MR.

If you want your car tuned I suggest going for a drive down to coast to see this guy:

Performance Injection Tuning Services (PITS)

10/ 42 Export Drv Molendinar 4214

0411 340 033

Matty Spry

Car has been running really well, so can't complain about that. I've read so much about PITS on here, I might just give him a call. :)

Thanks! :)

As for places in Brisbane

i vouch for Godzilla Motorsport, don,t go anywhere till you speak to mark

i have been to a number of places, and godzilla motorsport, has been

one that has stood out from the rest, and has quality and friendly service

not only that, godzilla have the laptop software, not the hand controller crap, like half of the places.

Give em ago, and have a chat to mark.

ph: 3890 4488

1/20 ingleston street

Wakerley QLD

Over near wynnum

Ive done several service and modification in 101 about a years ago, it can say its still "ok" at that moment, but as my friends telling me, 101 already changed owner to the people who come from dubai or india (Im not sure), they just interesting on sports car, but know nothing about it, but as they are rich (oil everywhere in their country), so just bought a motor cafe and "enjoy" themselves to be a owner

post-7531-1163330340.jpgpost-7531-1163329739.jpgpost-7531-1163329988.jpg

hay all

DRAG ME....

Never mentioned anything about the previous owner and his service. Never delt with them under their old system so I have no comment on them for that. You have to look at what you're saying though, from your car looks like you have money to spend on anything you want for the car. Getting "charged" $1,000 to unlock an ECU to the normal working class GI Joe is a bit steep, especially when you have a valid excuse why you are not going back to them (ie: living 4000kms away!) If they wanted to charge $100, fine, would have paid it, but $1,000... for a code to unlock MY ecu? Don't think so. I don't care if they are nice guys, they need to realise the power 'word of mouth' and trying to rip me off. They might have though I was a poor Darwin girl with a normal Skyline that noone knew about. Hardly. I have contacts all over Aust (except Tas) and they all know about what 101's attempted to do.

If you don't believe me, ring 101 and ask what happened about my motec code :pirate:

i dont fully grasp how they have the right to lock your ecu and 'own' the code so to speak. Regardless of what they think, its your ecu, car and everything else. Cant you take em to court or something, perhaps threaten them....maybe eliminate another shitty tuning mob from the scene cause god damn we know there are too many out there already.