SAU Community

Rb Hydraulic Lifters

r33_racer

I know there was a thread around a little while ago about noisey lifters or the sort. We have a few busted lifters out of the rb25/30. Weve bled them all out and some already bled themsevles out and are just plain loose in that they push in and out just with a light jiggle up and down.

So all in all we have something like 6-7 stuffed lifters, and we figured lets try nissan. Bottom line is they want $102.00 each. Lets check our maths out, say for 7 lifters thats $714! The thought originally had crossed our minds about replacing all of them while were at it, since its a race motor, no good having something old or secondhanish in there, all new would be the way to go right? Well $2448 for a full set of 24 lifters is just down right rude. You can damn near build a budget rb30det for that much, buy a new awesome turbo, a rb25 gearbox with change, a full set of slicks with change, a dry sump setup nearly...god knows what else and probably with change.

What other options are available? Obviously solid conversion. But how much does that cost and who makes the kit as i dont think tomei do it anymore. Would it then be fine to run with our tomei stage 1 poncams? Perhaps someone knows of an engineering company that makes replacement lifters for a normal price. I know there is some american company who makes them for $18 each, but it takes months to get a set. Have heard that ca18's use the same lifters, but id bet they cost they same as rb ones. Has anyone gone through this exercise before and could possibly help?

Muchly appreciated in advance.

tommie still make them

you need to order straight from them though

but

i would reccomend running

Crower Valve springs $780

Tommie Buckets around $850

Tommie RB20 PRO CAMS (as i have snapped a cam due to the VVTI BULLSHIT THAT ON THE TOMMIE RB25 CAMS and HAS COSTED MORE MONEY AGAIN) around $1200

and find yourself a good head machinest $1000-$3000

where you from

you know if you could get some freebies somehow...you could make a fortune selling "2nd hand, but brand new like genuine parts" on here haha.

Still expensive though to replace them whole set. So far from nengun a set of solids is about 530 delivered, springs are like 440 delivered and then just shims.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll better that. I've got a full set of lifters for you that have only done about 10,000 since been bled. I took them out and replaced them because I thought they were causing my tapping problem but it turns out it was a worn spring so the lifters are fine and I now have two sets!

$200 + delivery!!

Let me know..... Mb: 0411021673

• 5 months later...
il give you money if you come get my new set!!!!

had to better the offer.. kidding but :D

How about I come to you, get your set...collect payment and then take both money and lifters to michael so he doesn't have to leave his house?

I think that's a much better offer.

I'll even pick up an ice cold six pack on the way so he has some cool beverages to drink while he contemplates how good his life is.