SAU Community

Airbag Light Flashing?

Xizor

So yes my battery went to shit last night and managed to jump start car direct to battery in boot. Charged the battery but car still didnt work so today i went and got a new battery. Problem is, that damn airbag light in the dash cluster keeps flashing and GOD DAMN is it bloody annoying. Ive put some electrical tape infront of it on the plastic panel to minimise its annoyance. But how do i fix it?

I have a s2 r33. Ive searched the forums and basically just come up with people saying its gotta be hooked up to a Nissan computer? Is that really what i have to do? Sounds like such a rort of money.

So yes my battery went to shit last night and managed to jump start car direct to battery in boot. Charged the battery but car still didnt work so today i went and got a new battery. Problem is, that damn airbag light in the dash cluster keeps flashing and GOD DAMN is it bloody annoying. Ive put some electrical tape infront of it on the plastic panel to minimise its annoyance. But how do i fix it?

I have a s2 r33. Ive searched the forums and basically just come up with people saying its gotta be hooked up to a Nissan computer? Is that really what i have to do? Sounds like such a rort of money.

Not quite true... Any mechanic or auto electrician that has a carman scan tool (big yellow one) can read the fault codes.

Cheers

Sumo

Someone help? lol. i tried connecting nissan data scan 1.4 to my car but cant get it to work at all. all i can think of is my port doesnt work in the car... ?

Try this mate;

Get in the car and close the door, turn the key to ignition, open the door and press the door ajar sensor button 7 times.....All within 10 secs (I think)

the light should go away. Sounds a bit wierd, but it worked for me. All I had to do was search the forums.