SAU Community

Jap CD player in Soarer

JH32

My gf has just got a Soarer that's just been imported.

The radio doesnt pick up aussie stations, but it's all good she can get a frequency expander.

What I'm wondering is... the cd player doesnt read the cds. Does anyone know why this is? Is it coz the cd player is stuffed or does it need to be modified in some way to read them?

cheers.

My mates bro has a twin turbo 6 soarer 91 model. He had the same problem too so he ripped it out and is in the process of getting a double din head unit 4 it. He got someone 2 look at it and it seems 2 be with the language region settings much like a dvd player for ur tv. I know what u mean about the radio it only goes to 80hz on the fm station. Hope this helps?

I having the same probs with my R32's cd player, just dont read cd's at all. Pain means i have to find the dosh to replace it and i might aswell get the double din setup coz i dont need two radios.

laser is stuffed. most are panasonic made ( matsushita) 90% of the time a SONY item will fit.

have fun trying to get that one out. half the dash has to taken apart!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest downward-spiral

Mine's not long off the boat, have the same problem with double din head unit. It won't read the CD's, but the 12 stacker that came with it does. Strange.

Guest RedLineGTR

Got a cd lens cleaner, stoped my burnt cd from skipping and not changing tracks...found that there was alot of dust inside.

• 2 months later...

bleh get rid of the jap POS man your going to have a hard time.... put it this way cd's that are manufactured for the english society are different then japanese in the form of how the cd's are put together etc. my advice to you is like i said before get rid of it and get an australia headdeck....

-bryan

erm, cd's are encoded in a digitally recognizeable format worldwide.

most modern players play all cd's...

btw, i put in the band expander yesterday...working today coz i blew a fuse

anyways

sounds great man...

no regrets