SAU Community

Insurance Claim Dilemma

luminorex

12k is around the mark for both front and rear end damage.

At the end of the day you didn't see the car and how badly it was damaged.

Next time, get a cover note slapped on it before you drive the car away from the place of purchase, it costs you nothing and lasts for 2weeks.

Bit of a bugger... You'd want to hope the g/f sticks around. Well it is only a g/f after all, place the blame on her if at all possible.. Yes I'm a heartless bastard but so can women be. :P Wife/fiancee.. Different story. Its only a g/f. There's plenty more fish in the sea. :(

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12k is around the mark for both front and rear end damage.

At the end of the day you didn't see the car and how badly it was damaged.

Next time, get a cover note slapped on it before you drive the car away from the place of purchase, it costs you nothing and lasts for 2weeks.

Bit of a bugger... You'd want to hope the g/f sticks around. Well it is only a g/f after all, place the blame on her if at all possible.. Yes I'm a heartless bastard but so can women be. :P Wife/fiancee.. Different story. Its only a g/f. There's plenty more fish in the sea. :(

lol agreed, seems to me that the gf doesnt want anything to do with it.

GET HER TO PAY FOR THE SHIT SHE STARTED.

assif you would let ANYONE drive your car, let alone a gf !!!

lol

Had this happen to me very little damage and the guy tried to screw me, I took it to court and said there was very little damage and I had nothing to do with getting it fixed and that it was left 2 months with no contact till the bill turned up

it was just chucked out on the grounds that I should have been advised and had a chance to have it seen by a number of repairer of my choosing and the fact that the insurance had not taken any photo to back up the story of the damage

I also said he changed lanes right in front of me to get a lane with less cars in it from a lane with a large number of cars in it with no indicator and no room for me to pull up

:0 sometimes you just got to bend the truth a little

Oh the bill I got was 9K

I took photos of my damage as there was very little it all helps

Good luck with it

When you pay out of pocket, you get second hand parts or whatever you can scrounge up.

When you've got an insurance company paying, and the person is not at fault, the smash repairer gets the stuff that's gold plated and hand-made by nuns living in the mountains of Romania, in a convent that's only accessible by foot once every fortnight.

lol that is the biggest bs ever

how old is your gf?

Does she own any assetts?

If she has nothing (just a young person starting out) tell the other sides insurance company that she is a student? with no savings? no property? etc etc. Tell them they can take it to court but she has nothing to pay. Then tell them her parents are willing to loan her 2K toward the damages. Offer them 2K or take it to court.

Dont be scared of their legal threats. If she has nothing, then they can't get nothing. Your not at fault, she was the driver. They cant take anything from you.