SAU Community

R33 Engine Conversion

hey guys, u dun gotta say it, i aint the brainiest when it comes to cars but i know my basics atleast, which is a start. i bought myself a lil r33 gts, with an rb20e engine. at the time i didnt think much of it, and yes, i did know about it so dun start flamming me for it. i love my skylines, spesh r33's, and i didnt have enough for a gtst. anyway, i want to upgrade the engine in the near future. what would you guys recommend?

Ive herd a fair bit bout RB hybrids, rb25/30det or rb26/30det. would anyone recommend this? or would an rb26dett or just an rb25det for now be a better option? Which would be easier to fit into the r33 engine bay? any ideas?

Im not sure with what to go for, i just know i will need a new trans, new diff, and id want new gtr or gtst hubs with the bigger brakes.

Sorry Dude.

If you can't afford a GTS-t, then you probably can't afford a conversion. I can't see you getting out of a conversion like this for less then 5-7k, considaring engine, brakes, intercooler, better fuel system etc etc etc........

ye i can understand that but its for the future kinda thing, im just unsure on whether it would be best to sell mine and buy a gtst or what to do and what to put money on, im talking like in a years time, ive got close to enough now but yeah

Agreed.

Sell the N/A and buy the turbo

You miss out on

gearbox

brakes/5 stud

LSD diff (maybe)

Motor, plus ALL associated turbo parts

there alone is well above and beyond the asking price of a turbo car offset against sale price of the N/A

Yeah mate,

Seel the n/a might get 6-10k dpeending and then u could buy a turbo with some goddies liek wheels and other extras for about 13-18k shopping around. Money far better spent, doing the conversion will cost u a shite load cause u will have to just about changed everything from fuel system,engine, computer, brakes, intercooler, also i htink the n/a has different diff maybe. even after that it still is not a gtst.