SAU Community

Help Me With My Boost Settings, Wastegate, Turbo Settings.

WogsRus

Thanks for the info DJRIFT, the more info the better. I have talkt to a few people now and it seams to be a very common problem. YEEHHHAAA.

Well i'm going to look into porting my wastgate to remove some of the creep.

SO IF anyone has a stock turbo and can get me some pics to see how much i can port out, that would be great.

well i got all the new gear, coils leads ect, and it cost me $300, still needed 3 plugs at $30 each and brackets etc etc. So by the end of it, it would have costed nearly $450. And no promise that it would work. So i canned that idea, got my money back by taking everything back, just need to sell the igniter and all good, get splitfires early jan, after Xmass.

Not sure what you mean there. But i am male and impulsive, so thinking isn't always my strong point.

Hay Toffy, do you have that R34 rear housing, if so and it does fit an R33 turbo compresor, can i borrow it, or buy it. I will then port the wastgate and have it ready to bolt up to the turbo. I will then port up the R33 rear and give it back to you as exchange or something.

If you don't want to sell it, can i simply borrow it to work out how big i can port the gate ect.

Thanks

yeah it did, still have boost creep, but i fixed that a little by craking up the response, so that the turbo overshoots and by the time creep sets in it's about level. got a new housing to machine up, see if that helps.

yeah it did, still have boost creep, but i fixed that a little by craking up the response, so that the turbo overshoots and by the time creep sets in it's about level. got a new housing to machine up, see if that helps.

Good stuff.

The Gizmo's are a good unit but a little temprementle setting up at first.

I still rate them over the Jaycar controller though for the price!!!

Glad your getting it sorted out finally, what do you have the boost set at now???

just 10 around town, i have had it at 12, but boost cut sucked, now that i am going to have a Syrus20 ECU form nippan, should fix some of those issues. The turbo has pulled as high as 16psi, when the actuator line broke, ooopppss, but it survided it all.

With the new boost controller, i manage to get massive brakeout, under acceleration in first, LOL. LOVE IT.

• 1 month later...

hi, guys, im new here, have a problem after install the gizzmo IBC in my r33, i cant adjust the boost. It just always on 0.0psi , not sure i install everything correctly, possible any1 that using gizzmo IBC send me a picture of how the setup should be on the solenoid and fuel pressure regulator....very......very......very......very......appreciate . Once is working , will let WOGSRUS know is there any problem with my, since we have the same car......thx again