SAU Community

Gtr With Stock Turbo's 1/4 Times--be Real.

Guest MFX_R33

RNS, In theory that would be about right, as a GTS is lighter than the GTR. The GTS would be a cheaper drag car, but alot slower on the street.

Jeff.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

I've just put in a set of HKS 2530's into my R33 GTR. I've also got full exhaust, HKS Dumps, Power FC Pro with boost controller, Twin plate clutch. At 1 bar on a Dyno Dynamics 4wd dyno we got 275hp at all 4 wheels. I'm putting in bigger injectors, HKS Cam gears, HKS Type R FMIC and turning the boost up to around 1.4 bar. We are hoping for around the 350 - 375hp at all 4 wheels. Assuming that I can drive it well down the strip on 245/40/18 tyres, is it possible to get into the 11's with this set up??? I'll know in a few weeks, just wondering what everyone's thoughts are?

Cheers

Brett

Originally posted by EVL R33

Hey Guys,

I've just put in a set of HKS 2530's into my R33 GTR.  I've also got full exhaust, HKS Dumps, Power FC Pro with boost controller, Twin plate clutch.  At 1 bar on a Dyno Dynamics 4wd dyno we got 275hp at all 4 wheels.  I'm putting in bigger injectors, HKS Cam gears, HKS Type R FMIC and turning the boost up to around 1.4 bar.  We are hoping for around the 350 - 375hp at all 4 wheels.  Assuming that I can drive it well down the strip on 245/40/18 tyres, is it possible to get into the 11's with this set up???  I'll know in a few weeks,  just wondering what everyone's thoughts are?

Lets put it this way... If you don't run an 11 with all that, you don't deserve to own the car, and have to give it to me :P

Hey Guys,

I've just put in a set of HKS 2530's into my R33 GTR.  I've also got full exhaust, HKS Dumps, Power FC Pro with boost controller, Twin plate clutch.  At 1 bar on a Dyno Dynamics 4wd dyno we got 275hp at all 4 wheels.  I'm putting in bigger injectors, HKS Cam gears, HKS Type R FMIC and turning the boost up to around 1.4 bar.  We are hoping for around the 350 - 375hp at all 4 wheels.  Assuming that I can drive it well down the strip on 245/40/18 tyres, is it possible to get into the 11's with this set up???  I'll know in a few weeks,  just wondering what everyone's thoughts are?

Brett

375 hp equates to around 280kw at the treads. You should be hoping for around the 11.7 mark with that kind of power. The only stopping you are the small tyres your're using. You may want to look at using 255 width tyres rather than 235 if you're on 9" rims. With that much power through 235s you'll be spinning a fair bit through 1st and 2nd, even if you are a 4wd. I was wheel spinning when I had 250rwkw.

Emre has a similar setup to what you have described and he has over 310rwkw at a similar boost level if not less from what I remember. You may want to speak to your tuner as to why you can't get more power than 280Kw at the treads with your setup.

Cheers

Leewah,

I'm running 245's Goodyear Eagle F1 DS-G3's, they are pretty darn sticky so I was hoping they would be enough down the drags too....

310rwkw!!!!!! Thats over 410hp at the wheels. If I'm getting 205kw's at all 4 wheels, what would that be at just the rears?? Do you know how to get an R33 into rear wheel only drive??

We are running the PFC rich at the moment and only using 1 bar as the stock injectors are maxing out already. I might pm emre and see what he has done exactly..

Cheers

Brett

Do you know how to get an R33 into rear wheel only drive??

To get a R33 GTR into RWD, there are a couple things you can do.

The best one is to simply remove the front shaft. With the front shaft out, no power can be transferred to the front wheels.

Another thing you can do is to remove the fuse which is located under the coin holder. This will only work for a couple dyno runs as after awhile the ATTESSA gets confused and goes into a type of limp home mode which puts a constant 10kg to the front which means that your car will come off the dyno if it is only a RWD dyno.

I've now got the HKS TSC and drag controller in the car so I can safely put the car in RWD from the cabin or adjust how much torque I want going to the fronts at anytime.

Originally posted by Leewah

I've now got the HKS TSC and drag controller in the car so I can safely put the car in RWD from the cabin or adjust  how much torque I want going to the fronts at anytime.

Which legend sold you that marvellous piece of electronic wizardry?!?! :):D

I might need that back actually :)

Does taking the front drive shaft off or pulling  the fuse cause any problems??  Is it hard to get the front shaft off (like a quick 5 min job type thing??)

Brett

Pulling the front shaft out is a 10 minute job on a hoist. It involves about 4 bolts at each end of the front shaft. Simply unbolt and let it drop :)

The fuse comes out easily enough once you get the coin holder off which shouldn't be a problem.

The 4WD and HICAS lights may come on but that's just coz the ECU doesn't know how to interpret what it considers as a loss of traction.

And yes Merli, I believe it was you who sold me one of the coolest toys in my car. 375rwkw is a fun in 2WD!!! :D Damn tyre chewing monster....

• 2 weeks later...

On v specs the drive shafts are it aren't they?

I'm going to have a go next week.Apparantly you have to move the clutch slave cylinder too.

I can't wait for the next drags cos I have a rev speed meter which usually reads 0.3 seconds slow and it is now reading 11.9 and 12.0. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Since my new pipes have been put on I'm bagging up big time so I guess tyre pressure will be an issue.

How about 0-100 my best is 3.98 but average 4.1

Anyone know how much boost you can run on a virtually stock R32 GTR with following situation:

Stock turbos,

pod filter,

3.5 high flow cat

HKS Super Dragger exhaust,

Single bruss button &

Some werd aftermarket Japanese Boostcontroller.....

Would it be feasible to run more than 16psi? And does anyone know what the power to the wheels on an estimate like this would be?

I think 1.2 bar is the accepted limit that you should be running on stock GTR turbos.

400hp, why don't you bring your car over and we'll give 1.4 bar a go :D

• 10 months later...

I will :)

My car has about 270kw at the wheels...(stock turbos) with a g-tech my best run is a

4.3 0-100

12.4 1/4 mile

this was with a passenger, wheel/clutch slip and 3/4 tank of fuel... plus its a g-tech no idea how accuriate or non-accuriate it is...

i have adjustable cam gears, full exaust, stock airbox ... running 1 bar boost

I'll be very happy if with this setup i can get a time slip that starts with an 11

My tyres are crap - 245/40/18... falkens can't remember what model but they are pretty low end - came with the car, need to wear them out so i can buy something a bit stickier :)

Tips on launching/shifting with a GTR would be much appreciated ;)

SHould i be trying to shift as quick as possible? or consentrate more on smoothness? should i be keeping the gas down a touch as i shift?

Damn!!! Just got back from calder, 12.00 @114mph......

I want that 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, stock turbos running 1.1 bar, stock ecu.....

Congratulations dude, that's an awesome effort for stock turbos and stock ecu!!!