SAU Community

Northern Beaches Performance

MANWHORE

Hi everyone

I’d just like to share my experience of visiting NBP. Today, I went in to have the radiator flushed and also to have the Auto Transmission filter and fluid changed on my Subaru liberty.

For those of you who are not aware of the workshop, it is the joint venture of Stan (Satanic), Trent and Sam. Prior to today, I had met Stan on the odd sau event, but I had never met Sam or Trent before. Ordinarily, I would not bother to write something like this, however, the care and meticulous attention of the boys literally blew me away. They treated my car better than I treat it myself. The treatment put into my car simply cannot be described using words.

Firstly, Sam and Trent both know their cars very well. They both have extensive experience working in other workshops. They have the skill and experience to tackle any job ranging from a simple service to rebuilding an engine. If you want to build a beast, talk to Trent and get him to show you his car.

Both of them can only be described as perfectionists. How many of you have been to workshops where there is some grumpy old dude working there who doesn’t care about your car? Sam and Trent are both passionate about the work they do. I’ll provide some examples, so you can judge it for yourself.

When hoisting the car, Trent lined up the rubber pads, checked it, raised it slightly, checked it again, raised it some more and checked to make sure that it was balanced. Who remembers the Lotus Elise that was dropped off the hoist. There is no way Trent would let that happen to your car.

Once the transmission pan was removed, Sam spent about half an hour removing the old gasket from the pan. He literally scraped every single little spec of it off. After cleaning the inside of the pan, it was clean enough to eat off. I thought that the cleaning was complete. If I was to do the job myself, this is where I would have stopped. Sam turned the pan over and it was looking pretty dirty, and there were a few scratches in it that were rusting slightly. Sam got a can of black paint and actually resprayed the pan!

As a perfectionist, Sam loves to see machines working in tip top condition. While performing the final check of fluid levels, we noticed that the air con belt was a bit slack, and it was a bit noisy. He even tightened the belt up for me.

While we all like to give working on our cars a go, we simply do not have the experience that one gets from working on cars everyday. E.g. My Subaru is old, and it has an oil leak. Just by looking at it, Sam and Trent were able to pinpoint the cause of the oil leak. 4 of the seals on the engine happen to be leaking. I knew that there was an oil leak, but there is no way I’d know the cause of it, because there was just oil everywhere.

For those of you that have done a radiator flush before, you’ll know that it’s a pretty messy job. After the job was done, there was a bit of dirt around the engine bay, etc. Sam meticulously went around the engine bay with detailing spray and cleaned it up perfectly. He then cleaned anywhere that he had touched. There was dirt on the carpet that was there before I came in today. I assured him that he didn’t do it, but he cleaned it up anyway just in case if he did do it!

If anyone ever needs any work done, do yourself a favour, and go down and see Trent or Sam. You won’t be disappointed. Let them know that I’ve shared my experience with you (My name is Chris), and I’m sure they’ll treat your car the same way.

Cheers

Chris

yeah i can vouch for these guys too the amount of work they did on my clutch hahaha.. stan could tell you a whole story about it LOL.

but yeap perfectionists is what i'd say also. nice guys and firendly too

i would go there more often but i live on the other side of sydney lol

yep qualified indeed!

My car hasn't skipped a beat since trent put everything together

They have spent many hours and late nights workin on my car, neva been to a workshop where so much effort is made to make the customer satisfied

Amir; please PM me...

Everyone else; please do not ask me anymore questions regarding NBP on this thread - if you have anything else to ask, please PM me.

Reason being that this thread is getting close to crossing forum rules; I'd rather not cross that border. So any more questions please PM.

NBP have worked on all sorts of cars ranging from sam's holden to Trent's rx3, to skylines, there's a gtir in the back.

They would have no trouble workingn on a wrx. I took my subaru liberty there.

I'm just trying to save up some more money at the moment, so I can go get more work done.

Amir; please PM me...

Everyone else; please do not ask me anymore questions regarding NBP on this thread - if you have anything else to ask, please PM me.

Reason being that this thread is getting close to crossing forum rules; I'd rather not cross that border. So any more questions please PM.

pm sent