SAU Community

Assembling Bilstein Front Shocks

HKS-R33

Hey guys, i recently bought the full bilstein/whiteline kit off sydneykids group buy and i attempted putting in the rear shocks tonight.

The first question i have is, which way to the bump stops and dust covers go on? with the bump stop at the bottom of the shock and the dust cover facing up or the bump stop at the top of the shock and the dust cover facing down?

Also, i read somewhere from sydneykid that when you get the shock they will be set at 340mm rear and 350mm front. So i put both rear shocks down one circlip groove and put them in and now the left is at 340mm and the right is at 350mm. They are in the third last circlip groove.

Does this mean that i should have one on a lower circlip groove than the other in order to make the car level?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike.

Hey guys i created a quick paint image to help someone explain which way its suppose to go.

The problem is, it doesnt matter which way i put the bump stop, the dust cover will always get squashed when you hit a bump. Is this ok.

Anyways, if someone could tell me whether image A or image B is correct it would be a great help.

Also, what should i do about the uneven ride height when both sides are setup the same.

Thanks, Mike.

Click here to view the picture

I wouldn't be concerned about the bracket hanging off the shocker itself. I can't remember what exactly they are for. Something along the lines of different model which has brake line mounted off shock or something like that.

The little bolt and spacer though i have nfi what their for. I never had to use them on my bilsteins though.

Best bet i guess would be to either PM Sydneykid or try and give either Sydney Shock Absorbers or Quadrant Suspension in Victoria a call to confirm.

Mate got the same kit on mine the other day, the bracket on the shock itself is for your brakes line and the little bolt is to hold it on, the ring i didn't use as i didn't know myself what is was for, i guessed it was a spacer for the bottom of the shocks but as i said didn't use it cause i wasn't sure. No the shocks didn't come with any new bushes or plates, you use the same plates and new bushes from an auto shop.Hope i helped.