SAU Community

3" or 3.5"? Whats better?

Son of Sydneykid: Do u mean a seperate dump pipe that comes off the wastegate? Because i'm pretty sure its one pipe Covering the turbo housing and the wastegate ( i'm not sure whether thats the right way of putting it ;) ) Basically...its a 3 inch dumpipe from the turbs....3 inch cat and from the cat back a 3.5 inch.

Guest 382 GZV - 4 Door R33

How much rwkw are you expecting to get gester??

I would have thought that a 3" was fine for standard size turbo and over 300rwkw.

I even heard of a VL turbo (has an RB engine so it's acceptable) doing 8 sec 1/4 miles was using a 3" system.

The note's probably louder if that's what you want - or else you can do what I do and have a 3" exhaust with no muffler. That is loud enough ........ well it's been getting softer lately, I think it may be me going deaf to that frequency though :zap: :(:)

Yeah just that I have a choice between 3.5 and 3" so if its pretty uneccesary then I'll just stick to 3" as lower range power is better for me. Im aiming for around 180-200kw.

With the muffler I know usually they dont make much of a difference but surely a twin tip muffle would be different then say a 4" tip? What would be the best sort of muffler to get with a 3"?