SAU Community

Boost Anyone?

AARR34

hi peoples,

jus had a quick question and may seem silly but i have a apexi actuator valve controller and tryin to run around 14 psi through it on my R34...

the prob is the reading is in Bar and i dont know how much bar u need for 14 psi.

was wandering if someone can help me out....sorry if this question has been asked before...im still new :santa:

cheers guys

14.7 Psi = 1 bar, but if its a stock turbo 12psi is all i'd run for fear of turbine in the cat.

The skyline stock boost gauge is in mm/Hg not bar on the 33 & 32 so I would just check that before winding 10 mm/Hg x100 out of it (just under 20 psi) 760 mm/Hg is 14.7psi

for 12psi = 610 mm/Hg which is 6.1 on the stock 32 & 33 boost gauge.

Edited by Panikin

well its got the BB turbo so 14 psi shgouldnt be too bad...and i was referring to the apexi boost cont reading which is in bar, the stock boost guage is mm/Hg

damn i was runnin like 1.35 bar and was wandering why it was spitting hehehe went good though :santa:

thanks mate

Edited by AARR34

well its got the BB turbo so 14 psi shgouldnt be too bad...and i was referring to the apexi boost cont reading which is in bar, the stock boost guage is mm/Hg

damn i was runnin like 1.35 bar and was wandering why it was spitting hehehe went good though :santa:

thanks mate

14 psi isnt alrite mate lol.. your turbo will most likely fail and when it does you can get ceramic dust in the engine and bye bye engine. Its not even in its compressor efficiency range at the level so if you want to risk fcking your turbo + engine then feel free to do so.

Its got nothing to do with the bearing but to do with the heat destorying the ceramic wheel sending it straight of the shaft. Do your self a favour and do some research before you do anything else.

oook

so how much bar should i run if its a BB stock turbo? it handles 1.1 Bar pretty comfortably but i dont know a lot bout the neo 6 motors and dont wanna screw the motor

i thought 12 psi is pretty comfortable for most turbos and 14 isnt a hell lot more

and arent the R34 turbos stronger and more tolerant?

cheers

Edited by AARR34