SAU Community

Need Help!

bigdamoc

Hey everyone, happy new year!

Well quick story, driving 2 weeks ago on a back road with a mate, gave it a bit, nothing like i hadnt done before and by the time i got home which was about 10mks from when i was driving it pretty hard on a straight stretch of road we both noticed that the car was making anoise from the engine bay, lifted the bonnet and the sound was as if a belt was metal and was going round with no lube to take the noise away(bad description i know sorry). I thought it couldve been the timing chain as the car is overdue for its 100,000km service. I went to a mechanic that i dont know of cos im new to this area (just moved in November) and he thought it could be the air conditioning pulley as the noise was coming from the bottom of the engine near all the fan belts and the pulley was slightly warped whilst going round, and warped by the way of bugger all to be honest, couldnt even tell unless you really stared at it for a while. he said it should be fine and the car drivable for a while before it would seize and then it would just burn the belt out. Well my air con shit itself about 2 months ago but it doesnt bother me not having it. I then drive to a mates place, 50km round trip and the noise is the same. Go to work the next day, its fine, then come out for smoko and go to drive off and the car died when i changed into 2nd doing maybe 20km/h whilst the windows were going down.

When i try to start the car, no ignition lights come on on the dash, the beeping sound still works with the keys in the ignition, allthough now it also sounds when the key has been turned to the 1 before start, i dont think it did that before, the horn works, the interior light works, now i cant get the windows up either. its as if the is no battery connected to the car when i try to start it. I put a multi mtere on the battery, thats fine, checked all the fuses near the drivers side kick panel, and 1 20amp was blown but cant tell which one, i have 2 going sideways as all the others go up and down, it was the 1 near the blade fuse puller thingy. i changed that and also used a different car battery and also checked the 2 fuses in the fuse box under the bonnet, they were fine, plus also another fuse that is connected btween the positive on the fuse box and goes somewhere through the engine, but cant find where, that fine. I undid the wiring loom that goes into the ecu whilst no battery just to maybe reset it on the off chance as well, but nothing. i have volatge to the fuse box under the bonnet. Ive just moved to Melton in Victoria so if anyone can either help me fix this on here, or tell me where i could go or even better just come round and gimme a hand it would be more then appreciated.

Im strapped for cash at the moment so i hope its not the bottom end, but ive blown an engine before in a car and the ignition lights still come on when i went to restart that car, but nothing on this.

1994 r33, turbosmart boost controller t-piece 11psi, and no other mods.

Please help me or any ideas would be greatly appeciated, mind you im not to mechancially minded on this car.

If you don't have any lights at all and nothing is coming up probably get it towed to an auto elec, my mate had the same problem but its a different car, it was his indicator stalk (f*kd if i know how that effects the electrical sys) that was faulty and he couldn't get accessories or ignition but give an auto elec a go dude!

I think it would be more then just the indicator stalk or some little kind off short like that. I will take it to an auto elec but i just wanted to know if anyone had an idea of what it could be. Could it be a blown engine, could it be a fuse i missed, could it be a problem with something i don't even know about??? Please i really am desperate, im driving my dads peiece of crap vn which has no power at all.

Please help anyone, any ideas would be great.

even if the alternator is buggered ur ignition lights should still come on cuz they get power from the battery. id say that if ur ignition lights dont come on but everything else does then it could be the ecu. whatever happend to ur car might have messed with the ecu or completely buggered it. u should take it to an auto elec that specializes in jap ecus.

Thanx for the replies, well today i stuffed around with it a little. I have found out that i only have power going to 1 side of the fuse box. I needed to short the ignition side to get my windows up. Ive givin up on it, im taking it to an auto elec next week. The belt is still on everything is where it should be. Ive done what i can, time to bite the bullet and get someone that knows what there doing on to it.

Thanx for the help anyway