SAU Community

Nissan/Datsun owners club

no_gtr_yet

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sure there's something going, I've seen a few large gatherings of older Nissan/Datsun vehicles around Hobart in the last couple of years - I'm 100% I saw a website or something once, but can't remember now what it was.

• 2 weeks later...
i'll then them an e-mail and find out what sort of cars are coming down.  

maybe we could try and meet up with up with them?

Save your 1s and 0s, I'll fill you in.

We have about 30 cars and 50 people coming of to terrorise the natives there over the first weekend in Feb. On Sunday (Feb 6) we have arranged a Show'n'Shine on the lawns of Parliamernt House, just from 9am to around noon - you're all welcome to come along and say hello. On the Wednesday (Feb 9), we will be up at Simmons Plains for a day of fun. The rest of the time, we will be in driver's heaven cruising some of the roads used in Targa Tassie - "99 Bends", "Elephant's Pass", "The Sideling".

On the subject of a local club, there is a guy down there who is the "organiser" for the local Z Car Club - I'll have to go ask someone for his details, and I'll get back to you.

Anyway, see you in a couple of weeks. I'm really getting into Big Kev mode, particularly after doing this tour last year as well.

i'll then them an e-mail and find out what sort of cars are coming down.
Let's see, a fair few Zs (1 is a 260 2+2 with 383 Chev @ 500hp), a Rex Wagon, my RB25DET'd R32 GTS4, 200 SXs, 1600s, Silvias, 180 SXs, and a Micra!

Seems the local Z club died, so can't help you on that front. Maybe check with CAMS.

• 10 months later...

hey guys we have a small gathering of datsuns, We are based in Launceston. at the moment we are just looking for datsuns (1000, 1200, 1600, sunnys, 120y's), not so much the newer stuff like Silvias, Skylines, 180's,300's etc... but you guys are more than welcome to come to our meets, to check out some older stuff...

more info on

Datnet.org

Datsun Owners of Tasmania

Datsun1200.com

hope to hear something from you guys....

Cheers Tom

Edited by tom210

• 1 month later...

Datsun Owners of Tas has a new forum

Located Here

theres a cruise happening this weekend From 10:30 in the CH smith carpark, we are heading up the sideling to scotsdale might be having a bbq in scotsdale or myrtle park dunno yet... but yeah if you know of anyone interested just send them this way...

Cheers Tom