SAU Community

Targa Tas 07

PHaT MR30

Not the first Camera Car to stick it off though, there was Charles in the ex-Nismo GTi-R on South Riana, Leo in the 33 GTR on Sideling and although not a the Camera Car, Zero ripping its wheel off at T98 is worthy of a mention, particually when it was an MG supplied MG-F and the wheel was torn off out right outside the MG/Rover Corp' Villa!

Ross was getting into it here and there though :)

post-5400-1178116312.jpg

Seeing the old girl in full flight makes me want to cry.... onya rocket! Actually when you build a car, your first race car, a lot of your time is spent doing research and learning the model. Your heart and soul goes into it and when its sold - like your virginity - a little of you goes with it... I'm so stoked that you are getting so many grins Rocket... when you have an emotional tie with, and sell something, the biggest hope is the new owner gets what they are looking for. It would seem like that is happening....

One thing about racing an R32 is you become part of the Skyline family. It is something that isn't always apparent till you go to a brand without that culture in Oz.

Anyone got an R32 N1 for sale?

TT984

Edited by Targa Tom

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing the old girl in full flight makes me want to cry.... onya rocket!

Anyone got an R32 N1 for sale?

TT984

Thanks TT for keeping her in beautiful shape,

she is an absolute pressure to steer and I have never driven a car that has given me so much enjoyment.

R32's are the best!! :D

I hope you relise I was only stiring.

Charles Button let us in the tour in 03, and all the Targa people that knew him were stiring him about pranging the camera car.

TT: are you going to return the EVO to the missus to run another car?

Edited by sav man

I hope you relise I was only stiring.

Charles Button let us in the tour in 03, and all the Targa people that knew him were stiring him about pranging the camera car.

TT: are you going to return the EVO to the missus to run another car?

Of course SM, I knew the moment I slid off I was going to have to pay the price for my indiscretion..... all part of the gig.

Can't wait until next year, it's the job made in heaven for me being a snapper and a driver.

hey rocket_rosco I saw the footage of you wafting off the road.....must have sucked to go off at that speed, if you are going to go off the road on film you are meant to make it a big one. Great pics that got sent to us, I didn't expect many considering how few stages we actually managed but there was a good selection anyway (although you guys somehow missed all the tail out action)

Funniest photo we got was from the prologue. 60 seconds before I reminded Kel that we were going to take it easy. And I backed off the throttle at the jump. Yet still all 4 wheels are off the ground in the pic lol

hey rocket_rosco I saw the footage of you wafting off the road.....must have sucked to go off at that speed, if you are going to go off the road on film you are meant to make it a big one. Great pics that got sent to us, I didn't expect many considering how few stages we actually managed but there was a good selection anyway (although you guys somehow missed all the tail out action)

Funniest photo we got was from the prologue. 60 seconds before I reminded Kel that we were going to take it easy. And I backed off the throttle at the jump. Yet still all 4 wheels are off the ground in the pic lol

It sucked big time, I just finished telling my nav, Tim, 'looks like we just caught this one' and then.... well the rest is history.

I will say I'm very proud of our work ethic, after we clambered out of the car and put out our triangles, we grabbed our camera gear and shot the rest of the stage like the true professionals we are!!

I got some of my best pix there too!

lol, classic! :(

I've always put an extra caution on that turn right too because it's always worried me! hehe

It's one of those silly ones that seem able to suck you in easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No my friend, the camera car drivers position is stitched up!!

I'll be doing it until I'm old and crusty!

I'll put my hand up for that gig seeing as its pretty easy to get rid of the current driver :thumbsup:

:laughing-smiley-014:

those photografers earn their money, they'll stand anywhere to get a good pic, I almost ran one down at Cethana (Inoticed he had moved in the film when the later cars came through)

Thanks Benm! I didn't get sound? Is that me or the files?

And yeah, go battered Sav man! :)

I didn't get to see it Saturday, was there a glimpse of the world's slowest R34, Car #979?

I was a little dissappointed I didn't see us over the Ross jump, I spent the next half hour putting the front bar, undertray, headlights, indicators back in the poor old thing. lol ... it looked like it had been punched in the face.

Now, now Ben be nice......

how did the drifting go on Saturday??

Good turn out, plenty of action on the track and all the guys are progressing well.

Going to be interesting if this petition goes through to ban it here though ;)