SAU Community

Targa Tas 07

PHaT MR30

Is there anything at all for S15's in the nismo catalog?

Not sure, I only have the Skyline stuff, but pre-event I did mention that to Beech... there would atleast be a split 17x8 front 17x9 rear option I would imagine like the 2WD Skylines.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dates just in - Targa Tasmania 2007 will be telecast on Southern Cross Television at 1:30pm on Sunday May 27 as the lead-in program to the AFL match Kangaroos v Demons.

The show will be preceded by a repeat of the Targa Torque program seen on the Friday night during the event.

We're still waiting on the national slots, but will confirm when we've got them.

Good luck seeing anything besides top 3 Modern and Classic... AS PER USUAL!

Be nice!

Much like the entire event this year we're injecting fun and public appeal into the video this year.

lol.... Looked for AND GOT a bite!! lol

I really hope that there's a good mix of footage this year. Even a glimpse of every car would be great...... would make sponsorship deals much easier to solidify.

Got me you bugger!

I guess the major problem about putting every car on there is not every car is overly exciting!... there will certainly be every car on the DVD though.

Yeh be keen to know for next year, searched High and low for a Nismo catalog today with not much luck (except for one that bidding had closed on ebay lol!).

As for the Telecast I look forward to it, thought the Targa Torque program was quite funny, tho i think it featured a bit too much of Dunkerton... but meh any publicity for the best event is good i guess.

Got me you bugger!

I guess the major problem about putting every car on there is not every car is overly exciting!... there will certainly be every car on the DVD though.

Yeah, I get you, but everyone pays the same fee to run, if you get my drift. Maybe we need a 5 hour DVD?!?!

I honestly see the Showroom category as a class of the future, and Appleton and myself from 2005 and 2006 would love to sell the blue GTR and have another crack at showroom (that we won in '05 and only had a little snippet in the DVD in the extras section!), AS LONG AS you could be guarunteed to be running against Showroom spec cars. I know of several this year that were far from it!

I like that feature on the DVD last year to see every car.

Will the Classic get equil footage to the Modern like it used too years ago? How much input does Targa/Ocatagon get on the DVD? or does SC just do what ever it wants?

I like that feature on the DVD last year to see every car.

Will the Classic get equil footage to the Modern like it used too years ago? How much input does Targa/Ocatagon get on the DVD? or does SC just do what ever it wants?

Every car?? I didn't even bother buying last years because the others disappointed me so much.

We have been on the video 3 out of four years... it's easy. 1: Win, 2: Crash at spectator/Camera Point, 3: Do something stupid on filmed corner, 4: Lend your helmet to a nav who is in a crash... we haven't won yet!

TT

<snip>

That cars im sure come along way in terms of other parts but that paint job looks a long way from the last SNS carpark O_o Looks great!

Good luck (to enjoy) to everyone in it! :rolleyes:

Thanks- it has seen some improvements since that last Show and Shine!

BTW the car will be on display at Autosalon this weekend as part of the SAU NSW entry.

Definitely not your standard show car but will hopefully mix things up a little.

It should still hold its own, thanks to the amazing Louie at Exclusive Colours offering to respray the front end this week to get her back looking presentable.

The boys are still negotiating the entry of 811 (Mark's car) :P

Apparently Autosalon have some reservations when it comes to a tiny bit of panel damage.....

PHaT_MR30 - I'll find out the sizes and let you know. As to Targa Torque, that show was produced in two days by a team also putting together our news packages so they were under the pump and did great job with limited resources, but yes a little more variety would have been good... perhaps a pink S15 could have livened things up a bit!

Marlin - Great minds think a like. Showoroom is part of our future plan, but with some revisions. I am currently working with some manufacturers on this one and we will hopefully have some announcements later in the year on this front.

Yes, as sav_man said, the 2006 DVD had footage of all cars from the crane camera at different sites around the course. It was pretty good, but we will be building on this in 2007.

As to paying the same money, your right, but I watched the 1997 DVD last night (researching Mazda Motorsport's two RX7 SP's from that year!) and it was 89min in total, yet it was still the cars that were either winning, different, crashing or turning it on for the crowd that got the coverage, nowerdays the DVD is easy double that with all the special features and full stage incar so hopfully we are offering better value for money. The event captures so much film it is a shame so little is used, but product costs are massive and that some manfacturers and professional teams 'sponsor' some of the productions by way of contribution to reduce production costs helps, their method is way one way to ensure coverage by 'buying' it much the same as many other categories offer.

Marlin/sav_man - Above all and in general the DVD and telecast hasn't been overly exciting particually in the last two or three years, but the great team at SCTV are taking much more creative input from us this year to produce a better package that will overcome a lot of common concerns expressed by many. I'm very pleased to say that yes there will be a lot more classic footage on this years production.

is the GT-R even eligble for showroom?

At the discretion of organisers, a “Showroom” category may be included in event supplementary regulations, which divides automobiles into retail price categories as follows:

Up to $20,000

$20,000 and up to $30,000

$30,000 and up to $40,000

$40,000 and up to $50,000

$50,000 and up to $80,000

$80,000 and up to $140,000

$140,000 and over

Such automobiles must have been available for retail sale as a new automobile in Australia from 1998 and their prices listed in “The Red Book”.

Just read the whole thread. D'oh to those who crashed - glad noone was hurt! Looks like fun :action-smiley-069:

Apparently Autosalon have some reservations when it comes to a tiny bit of panel damage.....

lol silly autosalon earthlings, heaven forbid you actually use your sports car for what it's for.

is the GT-R even eligble for showroom?

Import GTR's (33/34), no.

Not sure about R32's though, but I don't reckon they'd be competetive anyway. (awaits flaming lol)

Dean and I spent considerable time throwing the idea of an R36 (or whatever) GTR for 2009, depending on what sort of a package it turns out to be. Our hope is that it doesn't turn out to be a 997 Turbo, ie.. too smart for it's own good. Could/should be an interesting car for showroom if Nissan decides to sell them here.

Showroom just appeals to me because you'd expect a super reliable vehicle, and if your balls are weighty enough, you can beat da porsche GT2's!... as we did with a bug-eye in '05 :action-smiley-069: