Targa Tas 07

PHaT MR30

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than a rumour :bunny:

It would certainly look that way...

This would certainly be very disappointing, looking from the outside in, I see plenty of people participating that without organised drift events would be unlikely to ever get onto a track or get a CAMS licence.

My business sense tells me that when there is growth in a market that growth is encouraged!

Ahh well if cams are being a pain there is always AASA insurance. Cheaper licenses, cheaper permits, less stringent requirements on organisers.

competition is a wonderful thing in the market....CAMS and non AASA tracks need to be careful

This would certainly be very disappointing, looking from the outside in, I see plenty of people participating that without organised drift events would be unlikely to ever get onto a track or get a CAMS licence.

My business sense tells me that when there is growth in a market that growth is encouraged!

Couldn't agree more, sadly though there is always some that are stuck in the stone age and dont like to change with the time!!!

Ahh well if cams are being a pain there is always AASA insurance. Cheaper licenses, cheaper permits, less stringent requirements on organisers.

competition is a wonderful thing in the market....CAMS and non AASA tracks need to be careful

Only problem with that is that it would never happen down here and its not an insurance problem thats causing this its the single minded people that are stuck in the 80's where grip rules and anything else isn't actually motorspot :(

hmm thats odd up here it is all about insurance/permit costs.

In things like hillclimbs the "old" school still hold sway....and their numbers are dropping off quickly as they ignore new fangled stuff like turbos.

Couldn't agree more, sadly though there is always some that are stuck in the stone age and dont like to change with the time!!!

Only problem with that is that it would never happen down here and its not an insurance problem thats causing this its the single minded people that are stuck in the 80's where grip rules and anything else isn't actually motorspot :thumbsup:

What? Has MST got sick of taking Drifters money? Gee, that would be really great thinking; push Drifting underground, so guys can only do it ILLEGALLY, on the streets, boy there are some real intellectual giants involved in motorsport in Tasmania...

What? Has MST got sick of taking Drifters money? Gee, that would be really great thinking; push Drifting underground, so guys can only do it ILLEGALLY, on the streets, boy there are some real intellectual giants involved in motorsport in Tasmania...

Mark its not MST that the problems are with, its a people within the racing community that have always been anti drift ever since the start of last year when i was trying to get it up and running!!!

The way i see it its going to die before its big anyway as i personally dont think its been marketed correctly here for it to evolve but thats just my opinion and im sure everyone will disagree :laughing-smiley-014:

Now time to concentrate on getting my 32 to grip instead of slip :rolleyes:

when every i go to symmonds the car club will always make a point of saying "we have to do extra observation laps to clean up the mess drifters left behind"

personly i'm not a fan of drifting (as in it's not my prefurred motorsport, I don't want it banned), but I don't know why certain people slag it out, and want it banned. The more we get on the track and off the street, the better our image is to everyone.

And if the tracks are always in use, the government has more reason to keep funding up to the tracks, to keep them in good nick.

Edited by sav man

when every i go to symmonds the car club will always make a point of saying "we have to do extra observation laps to clean up the mess drifters left behind"

personly i'm not a fan of drifting (as in it's not my prefurred motorsport, I don't want it banned), but I don't know why certain people slag it out, and want it banned. The more we get on the track and off the street, the better our image is to everyone.

And if the tracks are always in use, the government has more reason to keep funding up to the tracks, to keep them in good nick.

:laughing-smiley-014: its funny how "drifters" get the blame for a dirty track and damage to the track...

FFS there have been a handfull of times that drift has been run on Symmons so it must be that ever lasting rubbish we drop on the tracks ;)

Its is moron's like those in your club that state things like that, that are killing drift on the Apple Isle!!!

Hell a prime example is turn 4 at Basky, its been screwed for years and always quick patch jobs done so the track isn't out of action for too long, but then the track is started to be used for drifting and its "the drifters that have done all the damage" BS that always on the tips of peoples tongues :D

Hmm so the fact that membership for HSCC has doubled since drifting took off and that MSCT are about to come on board (and result in membership increase), Is not an indicator for a GROWTH in the sport, I don't know what is!

Will be sad if its banned, I will actually have to reconsider that job offer in SA.. mmm Mallala... Yum!

• 3 weeks later...
Not the first Camera Car to stick it off though, there was Charles in the ex-Nismo GTi-R on South Riana, Leo in the 33 GTR on Sideling and although not a the Camera Car, Zero ripping its wheel off at T98 is worthy of a mention, particually when it was an MG supplied MG-F and the wheel was torn off out right outside the MG/Rover Corp' Villa!

Ross was getting into it here and there though :)

post-5400-1178116312.jpg

And I was in both Leo's and Roscoe's "creative parking" exercise's......Not to mention being eaten by a white R32 in 05 while filming on South Riana......I must be allergic to Skylines!!!!

I should take some responsibility for this year though, too busy looking for somewhere to stop and film and called the note a bit late...

We almost got around, but locked a wheel in the loose stuff. In testament to the strength of the car we broke nothing other than fiberglass....

I had an absolute blast with Roscoe, we pushed where we could and took it easy when we needed too, (We still need to beat 23rd fastest over Queenstown to nock Perry down a notch though....)

It should also be noted that Ross and I where the only Media ppl to get Pics of Bana's tank in the weeds on Cethana........The merits of a camera car proved right there, my vision was seen on the Jay Leno show in the States.....

BTW- if anyone has seen the party tape, yes it is Ross running away from the camera while having a "private moment"......

• 2 weeks later...
I was a little dissappointed I didn't see us over the Ross jump, I spent the next half hour putting the front bar, undertray, headlights, indicators back in the poor old thing. lol ... it looked like it had been punched in the face.

Your jump is on the DVD (watching it now)... nice!

Cause the sothern stages are shit, Grasstree Hill and Oyster Cove are the only decent stages. The rest are in bad road condition, pot holes, gravel...

I was pretty pleased with the decision.

Edited by sav man

I must get a copy of the DVD. Had totally slipped my mind until now.... Oh, and I'm tight as a fish, witness my new number plate. >_<

I'm pretty pleased with the new caurse, Day 3 was getting a little roughed up, what with re-surfaced roads and lotsa bumpy garbage..... Only time will tell if it's a true improvement.

I'm getting onto accomodation in Strahan right now.....

post-7861-1186448204_thumb.jpg