SAU Community

R34 Maintenance Issues

craig V8 taffe

My R34 gt-t coupe needs some maintenance work done. It's done 90k klms

i need

1) The timing belt changed quickly. been quoted round $600

2) New windshield installed

3) And possibly new coilpacks

I've been getting different quotes from most places.. any ideas roughly how much i should be paying for each of these...

Also 100kms service is coming up, what should i be looking at? Some places charge a lot but do a tonne of unnecessary work..

thanks CT

Also 100kms service is coming up, what should i be looking at? Some places charge a lot but do a tonne of unnecessary work..

Transmission fluid, brake fluid, coolant, diff oil, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter. The more of this you can do on your own obviously the better. optionally have a power run and check your a/f ratios.

As above get the water pump done while the belt's off.

I paid a lot more than $600 to get mine changed - I did get the idler pulley etc changed at the same time - there was about $450 in parts from memory. $600 sounds fine. Agree you should change the water pump also.

I got my all my belts and water pump changed for $400.

I think $600 is a big quote, but if they do it correctly and are well known for the competence, why not.

You get what you pay for, sometimes yuo get a bargain, but most of the time they are hard to come by.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• And yes would be going to tomei Japan for sure as it’s closer to me … 
    • Yeah I heard the same. Might be hard to order one. But then I guess can go to hks or go to a more expensive n1 block with tomei. Guess will jump the hurdle once I get there next upgrade around. I can’t get work done in the states as the lead time will take for ever on top of shipping to Hong Kong. 
    • https://www.platinumracingproducts.com/en-us/products/nissan-rb26-cast-blocks This is the solution I was thinking of. I would stay away from Tomei USA, their quality is a question mark to me. If you want an engine machined in the US contact Club DSPORT: https://clubdsport.com/ Tomei JP is probably fine but I recall they stopped doing pre-assembled short or long blocks. In general it's pretty tough to get any kind of RB26 block at the moment with Nissan so severely backordered.
    • PAR specifically offers stock ratios in their gearset and you could do whatever ratios are physically possible supposedly for no extra cost. I agree 6 ratios is better than 5, the factory 2nd gear is equivalent to the Getrag 2nd gear if you account for the differing final drive ratio though. The Getrag 3rd gear with a 3.916 final drive is equivalent to a 1.6 2nd gear in the FS5R30A. I'm about to swap the transmission out on my car, I'm tempted to send the one I have now out for rebuild with the standard "cross ratio" gearsets out there to see if it really makes such a big difference the next time I pull the transmission.
    • This is what I was looking at next:  https://www.z1motorsports.com/engines/tomei/tomei-rb26-28l-short-block-assemblies-p-45479.html as we can’t bore the cylinders out in hk so better just buy the whole lot in one and install then retune. Everyone saying the weak link are the bolts holding the rods together. I already did valve springs, arp head bolts, hks racing coils, nismo fuel pumps and pressure regulators, injectors etc for the top of the engine.