SAU Community

Insurance & Modifications

Hey guys, just doing an online quote and i was just filling out the modifications section.

Who here would classify swapping the stock r33 smic for a stock r34 smic as a modification worthy of note with insurance?

Thanks.

Hi mate i wouldnt bother mentioning htat at all. If you put a fornt mount on there then yes good idea to mention it.

Thats it. I've got every single mod I could think of on my shannons modifications list. The guy stopped me reading them out and just asked me to email it through as it was taking him ages to type it all out, so its not like its a short list.

And well, as mentioned if its not there you wont get a replacement, and if they find out they will do their best to not pay out.

best off to list everything, if the insurance company can get out of making a claim for any reason they will..."oh you didn't tell us about the different intercooler....no payment for you", even thou it's highly unlike they would pick the difference better off to be safe than sorry when you go to make a claim

Ok then point taken.

The first time i updated my mod list was with a strut brace and they hit me $120 for it. The brace cost me $120 to buy, but then i was allowed another 4 mods for free then they would stick it up again.

I might be getting a bit nitty gritty now, should i have to mention i have a hiflow panel filter in the stock airbox? Surely thats not a modification.

Yeah that sounds about rite Justcars told me that my premium only goes up after every 5 modifications listed i canr remember if thats the same with the agreed value prolly not though.

cheers allan