SAU Community

Coilovers In An R33

dr1ft3r

im currently trying to instal coilovers into my r33. i have the fronts in. but it is way to low. and i need to adjust them. i was just wondering how much it would cost to pay a mechanic to fit them. to see if its worth the hastle of doing it myself.

cheers.

arent you supposed to adjust coilover height from the base and not the spring, otherwise you cause undue bounce and reduce the over all handling of the car?????

Rubbish, whoever told you that should not be believed ever again. You adjust the lower spring to raise or lower the car. Yes, C spanners are the prefered tools used to rotate the lower spring seats.

:pwned: cheers :O

Rubbish, whoever told you that should not be believed ever again. You adjust the lower spring to raise or lower the car. Yes, C spanners are the prefered tools used to rotate the lower spring seats.

:P cheers :)

Keep in mind that alot of coilovers are base height adjustable as in height is adjusted via the bottom bracket instead of the spring.

Ryan

A lot of coilovers may have base height adjustment, but quite often this is a cost cutting method to allow one shock body to be used to suit many many cars.

Preload will only affect handling if you use a stupid amount.

Edited by salad

:devil: cheers :P

does this affect the handlig ie. would lowering the car decrease the spring rate?

Preload will not effect handling unless you have a stupid amount on there. Say around 50mm on the front with an 8kg/mm spring.

Changing height has no effect on spring rate either (on a good spring).

so which do you prefer to adjust the height of your coilovers........

c-spanners or base

C-Spanners are a special type of spanner, it's a tool. They offer less torque be required to turn the collar.

Base height adjustment, is a technique on the shock itself.

The base, IS apart of the coilover.

I know I'm being pissy, but I had to say something.

A C-spanner requires less force to turn the collar as you have more leverage compared to turning the collar by hand.

Same amount of torque is required.