SAU Community

Engine start button

Moschops

Having picked up a red button from Arthur Daley at the Derby meet on Sunday I spent an enjoyable bank holiday Monday with the car in bits. The end result being a cool (well, I think so) start button in the car and a bit of a guide to fitting it. Total cost around £22.

You can download the zipped PDF (1.18Mb) HERE .

Note - It's how I did it and it's not to say it's the best/easiest/safest way to do it. It may help you if you want to have a go but don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

Hope it's useful.

Looks neat! Though I'm wondering if curious passengers are going to press it if you forget to tell them what it does! (and if your bastard mates will do it anyway just because they know what it does :))

Edit: Trying to start it with the engine already on reminds me of the time I was driving the company car to pick up the mail (XF Falcon panel van). I tried to start the car and it wouldn't start. Then every other time I went to start it I just got the horrible grinding starter motor gear noise. I was about to quit and go ring up my work, when I opened my door and heard that the engine was running!

Hehehe interesting story from last weekend at the track. 400hp Nissan Silvia from the team i was helping out on had a "Start button" failure that caused the car to refuse to start after a spin. This was a $70 switch made by Pivot. It was also made of cheap chrome painted plastic. R I C E.

Anyway, we replaced it with a $2 switch from jaycar and all was good.

Red17