SAU Community

N1 Block Part Number?

bubba

My mate is ditching his RB30DETT for a HKS 2.8L and asked me to find a part number for him :(

Edit: CruiseLiner.. where did you get the block from and how long ago? he's just told me Nissan is sold out and don't make them anymore?0_o

Edited by bubba

got mine about 4 months ago and it was the last one in stock in Oz from memory but the nissan guy said they could supposedly get more (that was his opinion, but everyone else said they are not available anymore).

mine was from Northside Nissan in Perth. Ring them and talk to steve barnes he will be able to get u the right info :(

not cheap but good insurance when going for over 600hp+

Yep, I was looking for an N1 block for a few months. None left in Australia anywhere, theyre on back order in Japan and manufacturing of them still hasnt restarted (and probably never will) so youre going to be extremely hard pressed to find one.

I ended up re-using my standard (I prefer the word 'seasoned') R32 block and the engine builder got Darton to make some custom sleeves for it to add strength to the bore.

Its being used with a JUN 2.7L stroker and will be holding quite a large amount of power.

"...and probably never will...".

I've heard this a couple of time now. Does anyone have a reason or a source for this. It doesnt make any sense to me, plus its kinda scary as my rebuild wil be either a Jun 2.7 or step 1 HKS 2.8 stroker. :happy:

After talking with a few people inside Nissan Australia, they got word from Nissan Japan that manufacturing would resume towards the end of 2006.

Its now getting well into 2007 and it still hasnt started, and theres now no confirmation coming out of Japan that manufacturing will indeed restart.

Even if it does, the list of pre-orders is well into the thousands so you would be in for a long wait if it does come back into production.

So being realistic... I dont think you will ever be able to purchase a new one again :happy: