SAU Community

Need Help With Brake Light Problem Asap

Staffo

Got an annoying problem with my brake lights.

It seems that the switch is nearly dead and the brake lights are staying on after I exit the car. I was able to give it a quick tap and they would turn off but it seems now that they are coming back on on there own accord as when I went to start the car tonight to come to work I had a nice dead battery.

My question is will any auto electricin be able to replace the switch or do I need to source one from some where first?

About how much would I expect to pay?

Thanks in advance Josh

Got an annoying problem with my brake lights.

It seems that the switch is nearly dead and the brake lights are staying on after I exit the car. I was able to give it a quick tap and they would turn off but it seems now that they are coming back on on there own accord as when I went to start the car tonight to come to work I had a nice dead battery.

My question is will any auto electricin be able to replace the switch or do I need to source one from some where first?

About how much would I expect to pay?

Thanks in advance Josh

Auto elec will fix it.

Cost all depends $20 - $80 ??????

it will be the rubber bung that the stop light switch presses on. they perish and break away, then the switch stays out and on all the time. its a bit of a bugger to repair, unless you like standing on your head for half an hour!

Went an bought a new switch from Nissan today. Went round to the mechanic to get him to replace it cause I didn't trust myself, but he was out on a test drive so while I was waiting just thought I'd give it a go.

Was VERY easy to replace just unscrew and unclip the wires, but it hasn't quite fixed the problem :-( Seems like the pedal moves around slightly which is meaning sometimes its in the wright spot sometimes not.

I'll have to see if theres a way of tightening the pedal up so I can fix it properly when I next get a spare few minutes