SAU Community

Hey Guys.

are33

Hey everyone, Ive been lurking around the SAU forums for a few months but i thought id introduce myself to the qld section.

Im josh, Im 16 and a half just got my l's yesterday and im an apprentice printer. Always loved the skylines ever since my mum owned a 33 GTS-T. My first car is a 1997 R33 GTS25 Series 2, Yes a non turbo *looks down in sorrow* Unfortunatly i come under the new P plater laws due out july 1st this year which restricts me from driving a turbo/supercharged/v8 or high performance 6 cylinder car. Anyway i live around calamvale/algester area and hope to come out on some cruises once im on my P's (dont worry im not the "ZOMG LETS GO BURNOUTS AND DRAG RACE ON TEH STREETZ" type haha i love and respect my car

and dont wanna see it trashed :happy:)

It was stock when i bought it with 40,XXX klms on the clock, Ive done a thing here and there to it but nothing major as some of you may know, Apprentice wages arent exactly high roller material.

Things so far:

2.5" Cat-back exhaust with a resonator and a tip.

Alpine 9857 head unit, 4x Alpine Type X Splits, MRV-F345 75wx 4 channel amp. (installed myself)

Nismo smoked side indicators (orange lights are so tacky on cars)

K&N Panel filter in the stock airbox (soon hope to somehow work out a form of CAI into the airbox)

Hopefully tomorrow i will have a clear rear panel (the part that says SKYLINE under the boot) As i dont like on the series 2 how it is colored the same as the car..

Future plans:

To remove the tacky 11tybillion spoke BBS rims and hopefully land myself a set of RAYS VOLK GT-C rims (real 2nd hand ones or replicas) Painted black with the chrome lip.

Removing the factory boot and replacing with a flat boot that sits flush to the rest of the rear of the car.

Get an add-on lip for the front bar.

Type x sub and amp, Sound deadened doors and boot (should be around august, along with a viper alarm for my birthday)

Tossing up between kingsprings or a set of street coil overs.

Another thing in the future i am tossing up between is an R34 strawberry conversion (this is along time in the future)

Alot more but i have forgotten.

Some of you may not believe me and think im a dreamer about the things i want to do but i have gotten where i am so far and i will get there one day, im still only young.

Please note: I payed for half of this car with my own money which i have saved since i was young, And i got a loan for the other half, In no way was this car "given" to me or payed for in anyway for me, I hard earned every dollar for it and the mods i have done so far. So please dont class me as a mummy and daddy's rich boy.

Hope to see some of you guys out in the near future.

josh.

post-31704-1172133546.jpg

post-31704-1172133563.jpg

post-31704-1172133581.jpg

post-31704-1172133599.jpg

post-31704-1172133616.jpg

Edited by OBNXSH

Hi n stuff,

when you due for your P's mate? nice clean 33 you have there.. goodluck with the build up..

About halfway through august this year.

P.S If that is the HLUCN8 in your avatar, That is one hot 33! Ive seen it a few times, Got a few good photos of it at jamboree lastyear!

Edited by OBNXSH

So are you obnoxious by nature?

Nice clean car by the look of it, keeper?

Haha sometimes, I forgot to mention that, The OBNXSH plates are going on sometime next week, Suprisingly they make a big differance to the look of the car.

Nice clean car mate, look after it :dry:

Thanks, I'll treat it how skylines deserve to be treated :P Sick of seing all the boyracers out there with POS rice wings hanging off it and dents and scratches and being in general shit condition from not being looks after :laugh:

sweet ride but boy are you gonna get hasseld by the cops.... and everyother wannabe....

now all you need is nos :happy:

Hahaha i thought about that AFTER i bought it, In the new P plater legislation, You are required to display a p plate either red or green depending on the level of P licence you are on, P plate + Skyline = COP BAIT! Any half wit cop with no mechanical knowledge of cars will see that and pull me over straight away, Not knowing you can distinguish the turbo and N/A models apart by the wheel stud pattern. And then of course i will get the wankers in the commodores and some other dickheads in imports wanting to race but meh id rather not risk it, and also take pride in the fact that my licence plates are worth more then an executive VL commodore, So i can furthermore laugh at them when they try and race me :laugh:

hey there...

you sound a little like me 4 years back... welcome to the NA club, you'd be surprised at how much more these cars teach you in skill - rather than constantly making more and more power to go faster.

being a better driver will be the best mod ever.

we have a dyno day this saturday... it'll be a good way to break the ice.

looks like a nice clean 33

p.s - what size are the bbs rims? i might be keen :happy:

hey there...

you sound a little like me 4 years back... welcome to the NA club, you'd be surprised at how much more these cars teach you in skill - rather than constantly making more and more power to go faster.

being a better driver will be the best mod ever.

we have a dyno day this saturday... it'll be a good way to break the ice.

p.s - looks like a nice clean 33

Yeah im not all up for going faster, Hey, id like to know how to drive first :laugh:

About the dyno day, Where abouts is it and what time, If i could grab a link for it that would be great. Ill see what is going on.

josh.

p.s the rims are 17", Id sell them to you right now but i have nothing to put back on the car :happy:

Edited by OBNXSH

Thanks, I'll treat it how skylines deserve to be treated :laugh: Sick of seing all the boyracers out there with POS rice wings hanging off it and dents and scratches and being in general shit condition from not being looks after :laugh:

Hahaha i thought about that AFTER i bought it, In the new P plater legislation, You are required to display a p plate either red or green depending on the level of P licence you are on, P plate + Skyline = COP BAIT! Any half wit cop with no mechanical knowledge of cars will see that and pull me over straight away, Not knowing you can distinguish the turbo and N/A models apart by the wheel stud pattern. And then of course i will get the wankers in the commodores and some other dickheads in imports wanting to race but meh id rather not risk it, and also take pride in the fact that my licence plates are worth more then an executive VL commodore, So i can furthermore laugh at them when they try and race me :happy:

dude i now that they scan the threads, but most cops really dont have a frigin clue.....

well resist the urge....*250hp shot of nos will solve all your problems*

Lol i love your sig!!!

can i do a skid in it? :(

i promise i wont break it...all the rumours that have been going around here are just heresay....honest :D

i betcha i can get them to light up in 3rd :D

P.S all done on public private roads of course :(

Hey everyone, Ive been lurking around the SAU forums for a few months but i thought id introduce myself to the qld section.

Another thing in the future i am tossing up between is an R34 strawberry conversion (this is along time in the future)

That sounds like a pretty damn fine first car to me :D However, I am confused when you say 'R34 strawberry conversion'. Being a fan of the strawberry face myself, I am not sure what you're going to do with the two? (the 34 and the S15 front, I mean). Are you wanting to combine the 2 looks somehow? Please forgive my ignorance if strawberry has come to mean something else in the last while

Yeah im not all up for going faster, Hey, id like to know how to drive first :(

About the dyno day, Where abouts is it and what time, If i could grab a link for it that would be great. Ill see what is going on.

josh.

p.s the rims are 17", Id sell them to you right now but i have nothing to put back on the car :(

This is the link to the dyno day thread. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...147210&st=0I agree, it would be a great way to break the ice! We'll all be there as cheery as can be for a saturday morning :(:D Us nerdy lookin' forkers running the BBQ and selling drinks are the exec, we'll answer any questions you might have :huh:

Anyway like I said, nice first car (for a 16 year old!!!). Keep it clean :O

Cheers, Anna.

That sounds like a pretty damn fine first car to me :D However, I am confused when you say 'R34 strawberry conversion'. Being a fan of the strawberry face myself, I am not sure what you're going to do with the two? (the 34 and the S15 front, I mean). Are you wanting to combine the 2 looks somehow? Please forgive my ignorance if strawberry has come to mean something else in the last while

This is the link to the dyno day thread. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...147210&st=0I agree, it would be a great way to break the ice! We'll all be there as cheery as can be for a saturday morning :( :( Us nerdy lookin' forkers running the BBQ and selling drinks are the exec, we'll answer any questions you might have :huh:

Anyway like I said, nice first car (for a 16 year old!!!). Keep it clean :)

Cheers, Anna.

Hey sorry to confuse you someone told me a strawberry conversion was any sort of front end being put on a diff chassis, turns out they were wrong haha :D What i meant was an R34 front on the r33 chassis, A website called motorkitz sells the full kit i need for $3500, includes lights, fenders, bonnet, front bar and grill, side and rear bodykit. It looks hot :(

Thanks for the link, I dont think ill be able to make it (you know, not being able to drive by myself and everything) haha learners FTL. Hopefully ill be able to make it to some future events though would be good to meet some QLD members :O

Edited by OBNXSH