SAU Community

300kw Monaro's - Strike 1

R31Nismoid

well last night i came up against one of these. And i thought... i've gotta at least have a go at it for all skyline's sake :D

and i shocked him royally, not to mention myself!

Both times we went from a rolling start of 80.

The first time i has this guy by half a car till 1*)km/h on the freeway.

Then we came into traffic and just plodded our way through it and we both got free and it was on again for another 80km/h start.

This time i had to wait a sec for boost (damnned lag) and then it the chase was on. we got as far as @@) km/h and he'd only got a car lenth and a tad more on me by that stage.

we both backed off and the look on this poor guy's faces was priceless. $100,000 and he still didn't flog me silly the second time round (which i thought he would do at the top end of my 5th)

i dunno what i'll be able to beat when i got 15psi :)

just had to share that one.

its good fun during a high rolling start (at 60km/hr or whatever) in a turbo sometimes, can always drop it back a gear and rev it from that 4-6000rpm where it has most of its go.

"top end at 5th" ?? @@ hate to think how fast you were going :) I know mine i'm approaching the 2nd figures :D

if you're talking about the HSV version yes.. there is the non HSV version which is the 225kw.

eek.. we're talking about holdens :P;) noooo...shoot me!

Thing is, you get 170-180rwkw in your R33 skyline (with your standard exhaust, boost, and i/c mods).. That translates to around 230-240kw (or so i've been told) in manufacturer talk. This is around 1400kg laden. So that equals around 0.171kw/kg

Now take 1700kg @ 300kw and do the same = about 0.177kw/kg.. close...

But take superior japanese engineering and the xtra kick a turbo can give and there you go..the skyline will be faster.

Now all you need to do is find him again and take him from the lights and see how well you go against him.

80km/h rolling = just pure power

0km/h start = suspension, tyres, driver technique and power.

yeah, i was thinking that same thing.

i was filthy cause we went through a set of lights and i was hoping they would go red so we dcould go from a standing start... but no luck!!!

I think i would get him off the line. I'm good at launching. I got consistent 2-2.2 sec 60' times at calder... it's just waiting for boost that would cause me to loose i think.

but i will indded be keeping an eye out for him... as he probably will be for me too :(