SAU Community

Hi there, I recently had all my belts changed on my R33 Gtst and now everytime I start it in the morning its squiks for about 5-10 secs and then the noise goes away. I have taken it back to the place who changed the belts for me and they told me that they are all tight and if they tighten them anymore they will probably snap. They said it was the weather causing the problems but that sounds like a cheap excuse. I have tried spaying the belts with belt grip but that only last one day then it starts squiking again. If the car is warm it will not squik when it is started and it doesnt squik when driving only when it is started first thing in the morning. anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by -=Tyson=-

$10 sais its the alternator belt... you'll need to undo the locking nut (usually on top of the alternator) and tighten the belt using the tensioner bolt.. just slightly..

if you need more help let me know... ill get pics

maybe the pullys ar'e glazed, try take all the belts of and put use coarse wet and dry sandpaper on the sections where the belts run!

maybe the pullys ar'e glazed, try take all the belts of and put use coarse wet and dry sandpaper on the sections where the belts run!

i wouldnt worry about it. i am guessing it is fairly cold where you are when you start your car in the morning?

anyway, if it is that much of a pain, take all the belts off, give all the pulleys a good clean with wet and dry (alternator, A/C, power steering and harmonic balancer) clean all betls in warm water and resinstall.

should fix them problem.

if not, change your brand of belt (not all belts are created equal)