SAU Community

Drivers Side Door Filling with water :(

Ash

hi, i am having a problem with my drivers side door.

when i park it in the rain, water gets into the door, and then when i open the door there is all this rust coloured water on my door step area.

at first i thought i may be getting rust under the back skyline plastic but when i lifted it, it was fine.

i checked and the drain holes aren't blocked :D (that would be an easy fix)

the rust coloured water seems to be escaping through the plastic at the bottom in the gap where the plasic pannel screws onto the door.

What could be rusting in the door? the door itself? or would it be the window winding mechanism? (sounds expensive)

it looks like the water is getting into the door where the glass is, the fabric stuff doesn't seem to be touching the glass.

would that be how the waters getting in?

Thanks!

Not good.

Even if the water was getting in the door from where the window is, it still should drain straight out the bottom.

Pull the door trim off and have a good look in there. There must be something in there blocking one or some of the holes :D

That's all I can think of :(

J

The creeking noise from the window is a common thing on Skylines - it's normally just loose bolts on the mechanism - you need to remove the door panel to fix.

Over time the rubber/fabric guide wears. It should push up against the glass, if it doesn't water, dirt and anything else can easily get inside the door.

I'd suggest having the door panel removed so that you can fix the creeking window, check for any rust/damage and replace the fabric guide...

Cheers

Dave

I think that the windows are one of the weaker points of Skylines, particularly since they use a frame-less design. The glass has to be pressured against the rubber trim in order to form a water-tight seal and I think this causes problems.:P

I had a similar problem on my old car when I first got it and it was only 6 years old at the time...;)

Still, having the door panels removed aint that much a job and I took the opportunity to have some better speakers installed along with a load of sound deadening material too:D

guys i had that water problem with my old car it wasnt a skyline i found that when the tint guys did my window all the access tint shit sat on the bottom of the doors and got stuck

alot of shit can stay down there i reconmend you get your self a screw driver open the trim put some water down and see how you go

should be fine =)