SAU Community

Cefiro crossmember

Guest bigbignacha

Guest bigbignacha

i have a nissan 240sx s13 and i was told that if i use an a31 cefiro crossmember i could bolt in an rb30.

u can allso elongate the engine mounts as far as they can go the ones that bolt 2 the block custom inlet mainifold twin cam head and the rb30 should fit .The r32 and cefiro crossmembers r the same and yes they fit straight in to a s13 i have done enough rb conversion 15 in fact so i know how do them .Oh by the way the rb30 block is 1 inch taller than a rb20 or 25

hey,

i am doing the conversion, and just got a few quick questions.

- what radiator did you use?

- when you elongate the mounts do you mean lower them or get them custom made?

- what gearbox mount and exmember did you use for the r33 5 speed.

i am having problems with bonnet shutting, and i am using r32 xmemba and r32 engine mounts.

thanks for your time

depends on what you are after the only reason i would use the cefiro crossmember is if you want to keep the 4 stud slivia brakes but with an rb30 you will need something alot more serrious than standard slivia brakes

as for the crossmember try New Zealand there was a lot of wreaks last time i was there if you have problems finding one contact me and i will see what i can find

[email protected]

in any case it looks like a great project keep us in touch to see if it works

Guest bigbignacha

my project is an s13 240sx in the states. i have converted the hatch to a pickup bed just to be a little i know that it sounds ugly but it is starin to look good. As far as the motor i am just starting, i have the rb25det cylinder head and i am going to order an rb30 from a shop in adelaidef for 1500 plus 700 shipping to the east coast in the states. just like everyone else in the states i dont know much about the rb30 except for the fact that it is an extremely rare conversion here but now the shape of my car is rare so i guess it will work. also i was going to do an r33 headlight conversion but i think i want to go with an r32 conversion so if anyone wants r33 headlights in exchange for r32 pm me :P

Guest bigbignacha

also does anyone know anything about the rb30det conversion kit from sub zero performance, i tried emailing them but they wont respond.

• 2 weeks later...