RB32

Hey guys i have a 93 model rb20 with the following mods:

-turboback exhaust

-pod filter

-turbotech boost controller

also will be installing SAFC this week.

My car seems 2 hesitate from around 4000-5500 revs every so often. More so

since the boost went up.

i have changed spark to the NGK BCPR7ES 1.1 (pretty sure thats the number)

and gapped them to .9mm.

i had the split dump pipe and magnaflow high flow cat installed yesterday which has made an improvement in other areas except for the hesitation.

I'd like to add that it mostly happens during the day and every know and again at night.

If i had cracks in the coilpacks would it be missing all the time through out the revrange or every so often like my situation.

Just want certain exact areas to check berfore i clean my AFM and pod.

P.s - ive been told that my ignition timing might need playing around. Could that be a possibility??

any help appreciated thanxx....

with a turbo tech boost controller you need them gapped at .08 - had the same trouble and misifre. but i think the controller i bought was stuffed , cause gapping fixed the misifire . although it kept dumping my boost when i go hard. so i pissed the controller off. my coil packs had not 1 crack either.

half of those turbo tech controllers were built stuffed . some with out a hole , some with . try another controller

yeh mine came without the hole so i drilled 1 in there like every1 else was doing

i also had a greedy trust manual boost controller. still the same so im guessing

the problem is elswhere.

the turbotech i have isnt too bad i think. doesnt spike at all

im in the proccess of changing spark plus and i noticed i have a split in one

of the black hose lines.

Not not to familiar what everthing is called but ill try 2 explain it.

its a U shaped hose roughly 15mm in diameter and goes over that black

rocker valley cover. directly in the middle.

any idea what im talking about or if that split hose could be causing hesitation

cheers guys.

change your plugs completely

use ngk's still , but the part number is along the lines of r5671a - 8

might be a little too cold for your car , so get one thats one range hotter.

I've never heard of this R5671A-8... is it one of NGK's V Groove range of plugs? Whats the differences/advantages between this and the BCPR6ES that is normally recommended?

in the 22$ boost controller forum they discuss the performance of the turbotech controller with a hole at the top ( i think pg 68 or 69 shows a pic) the whole being anywhere from 1 - 1.5 mm big

if you have a crack in a hose - you obvioulsy need to get it replaced , just another thing contributing to error . i have an air leak somewhere and its a bitch to find , id replace that hose . go get the plugs at 0.8 , nkgs .

hey guys well ive finised gappin my NGK BCRP7ES from .9mm to .8mm

i checked my coilpacks and i didnt seem to find any cracks.

i also pulled the rubber boot off and took the spring out and that copper bit seemed

to be fairly clean. Just took it for a quick drive and everything seems pretty good

Didnt feel any hesitation at all.

ill see how she goes in the next few days if shes still good and if she is well then

your plugs should be gapped at .8mm with the turbotech controller.

just another thing to keep in mind because it has worked for me for now.

Cheers for the help fellows.....

yeah the 5671a-8's are a v groove , but theyre a non protruding plug.

if anyone can be bothered and has a dyno at there hands , spend the 20 bux on a set and see what improvements it will make , back to back against your old plugs.

other than that

as described above , check for the usual afm , fuel pressure or filter , air leaks , exhaust back pressure.

must admit i havent had a great deal to do with skylines , but vls do share very common problems with skylines

im in the proccess of changing spark plus and i noticed i have a split in one

of the black hose lines.

Not not to familiar what everthing is called but ill try 2 explain it.

its a U shaped hose roughly 15mm in diameter and goes over that black

rocker valley cover. directly in the middle.

any idea what im talking about or if that split hose could be causing hesitation

cheers guys.

This will not cause the hesitation, I just found my hesitation problem, similar to your problem, it turned out to be a very dirty fuel filter, and i mean dirty, the fuel that came out of it was black! try it. part number z200