SAU Community

Glove Box Gauge Holders

HKS99

I must say that they both look very nice - but honestly; is there a point to it? Surely you're not 1) going to be staring at the glove box when you're on the track/strip and 2) not going to get the passenger to monitor vitals for you right :D

Il be running about 4 defi bf series in the glove box & split torque converter. i just want something sleek and hidden away. Not really into having 4 gauges across my dash.

shouldnt have to much of a problem with warning indication levels.

Edited by HKS99

Couple of suggestions :

1) counter sink the display and angle the guages towards you.

2) if they are the 60mm size guages, then the outside of a coke can is a good mold for guage cups if your gonna use fibreglass (used it in my dash to mount a boost guage into the plastic)

3) fabricate a locking mechanism for use on the track so it doesnt bounce around when its open

Couple of suggestions :

1) counter sink the display and angle the guages towards you.

2) if they are the 60mm size guages, then the outside of a coke can is a good mold for guage cups if your gonna use fibreglass (used it in my dash to mount a boost guage into the plastic)

3) fabricate a locking mechanism for use on the track so it doesnt bounce around when its open

For the foam suggestion, i was thinking of velcroing the rear to the inside of the glovebox that way i can easily take it out without having to destroy the glovebox.

If i had a spare glovebox i would definatly fiberglass it however seems alot easier to use foam at this point

you can use foam as a base for a fibreglass insert cut to size with about 6mm of clearance total (3mm on each edge) then remove and cover in duct tape, then fibreglass over it, then you could mold in the guage cups etc how you need to angle the guages as required.

that first picture is the HKS one. I have that in my glove box and it is pretty handy. I have stored my HKS EVC, ETC, EDA and Defi control unit plus two 60mm gauges. It keeps things nice and tidy instead of velcro'ing or taping stuff to the dash and whats not. It is a bit annoying if you need to change settings though but i keep mine locked anyway so i cant change it while driving.

that first picture is the HKS one. I have that in my glove box and it is pretty handy. I have stored my HKS EVC, ETC, EDA and Defi control unit plus two 60mm gauges. It keeps things nice and tidy instead of velcro'ing or taping stuff to the dash and whats not. It is a bit annoying if you need to change settings though but i keep mine locked anyway so i cant change it while driving.

hey buddy, where did you buy it from? and how much was it??

or did you already buy it with it in your car??