SAU Community

R33 Series 2 Block Into R33 Series 1 Car... Not Starting -- Help!

Hi All,

A mate has a R33 Series 1 which he has had a Series 2 block installed. However, the car now will not start. The car just doesnt seem to want to kick over.

I believe he has a set of Spitfire ignitor coils for Series 2 and he has had the wiring redone on the ignition side so it is compatible with the Series 1 setup. Was this required? would Series 1 ignitor coils in conjunction with the Series 1 ignitor pack work with the Series 2 block?

I've also heard that the wiring for the crank angle sensor needs to be re-wired as well.. is this true?

Lastly, the only things i can think of that could be causing the problem is that the crank angle sensor is faulty or the immobolizer is kicking in. My mate did have an alarm on his car, however is now not working.

So if anyone can help out, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Regards

Steve

you can't use S2 splitfires and an ignition module from a S1. S2 have inbuilt ignitors so make sure that has been taken care off.

The S2 has a WHOLE heap of changes in sensors, i think i have a S1.5, a bit of both. The S2 cas is different to S2 and so forht. But aslong as the S2 block has all the S1 sensors, it should work fine.

Okay....

I pretty definite he's got S2 Spitfire ignitor coils and the wiring re-done..

I dont think he has the S2 ECU.

I dont think he has the S2 AFM but i'll double check.

Lastly when WogsRus says "as long as the S2 block has all the S1 sensors" ... is it as easy as taking it off the S1 block and putting it onto the S2 block? or is their re-wiring to be done?

Thanks again... probably cant do much till the weekend so anymore help til then will be great.

If he has S2 spitfires he may need a S2 ecu.

no he won't. i have run a s1 ecu on a s2. he would just need to remove the ignitor pack, and have the wiring sorted.

was it just the block that was changed, or the whole motor, or a mix of parts? if it was just the block then it would be in the wiring of the coils. it may be that there is an earth problem with the coil wiring.

Edited by mad082

make sure your fuel lines are around the correct way too...

bit hard to give advise without being told what it is, and isnt doing when turning the key.

does it start after spraying carbie cleaner/rp7 in the intake?

Ok...update...

My mate is still running the S1 ignitor coils back to his S1 ignitor pack...Will this work?

So what the car is doing.. when the key is turned over you can hear the car trying to kick over but just cant make the last jump (ie almost almost almost nothing).

My mate that installed the block (a friend of mine and a mechanic) has done a rb25/30 conversion with forgies etc to his own skyline and its up and running without a problem. He's puzzled on what could be causing it.. he does think its immobiliser so i assuming he's checked fuel etc...

Tomorrow we'll go through checking earthing, loose wiring etc to see if we could find out anything. Lastly, as i mentioned above in my first post, is there different wiring between the S1 and S2 CAS? are you able to put the S1 CAS in the S2 motor? i believe they look different.

Once again, more help would be great. thanks again to all.

Edited by Scooby_Steve