SAU Community

Mechanical Problem--->>> Exhausts

hey guys,

i gota r33 gts-t 97 model.. i've had it for like 9 months n everything been sweet n smooth.. but recently got a problem with its exhaust(thats wat ma mates been tellin me lol).... it's noisy down under at the front... n this noisy seems to be comin from where the exhaust connects to the manifold.. n wer the gasquet is... :s from what i've heard..it's a common problem with sports cars..

just wondering if any1 knows a decent muffler place whoz fair n reliable... also is there anychance i can fix it by myself? lol maybe it's jst some bolts are loosened and needs to be tightened up??? i dono man.. HELP! (im broke)

Edited by nismoWOG

hey guys,

i gota r33 gts-t 97 model.. i've had it for like 9 months n everything been sweet n smooth.. but recently got a problem with its exhaust(thats wat ma mates been tellin me lol).... it's noisy down under at the front... n this noisy seems to be comin from where the exhaust connects to the manifold.. n wer the gasquet is... :s from what i've heard..it's a common problem with sports cars..

just wondering if any1 knows a decent muffler place whoz fair n reliable... also is there anychance i can fix it by myself? lol maybe it's jst some bolts are loosened and needs to be tightened up??? i dono man.. HELP! (im broke)

bro sounds like you need a new cat i had a similar problem cost me bout 300

I highly doubt it is a problem with your cat, more likely the exhaust manifold gasket or turbo exhaust gasket etc has gone.

Yeah its a common problem, and no it wont be just a few bolts that need tightening.

Any old exhaust place should be able to do it.

Check the exhaust manifold studs, very common on the R33 GTS-t's, will take you less than 1min to pop your bonnet and look for them.

From memory it cost me $300 to get fixed about 2yrs ago.