SAU Community

Apexi Boost Sensor Location..

Hi guys,

I'm going to be installing a FC Boost Controller kit but was wondering where to put the boost sensor.

Did you guys drill 2 holes in the metal frame of your car? If so, do the holes need to be threaded somehow?

I was thinking of just screwing it into the side of the plastic fuse box

Pics would be good if you have but not a must.

Birnie

I was already using the vacuum line at the pressure regulator for my boost gauge, so I just tee'd into that near the firewall and mounted it behind the drivers side strut. you can just use 2 nuts and bolts too eh. maybe try to put some rust protectant on the holes if you drill them out or somehting, i just hate rust.

birns, just take the standard boost solenoid off and use that bracket :D

Either that, or on the strut tower, there are some pre threaded holes with a plug in it for an m6 bolt ;)

you can either mount the sensor usign one of those holes, or get a little bit of metal bracket from bunnings, and use the bolt hole a bolt the plate on :)

have fun - no need to drill.

Another idea - just undo any one of those m6 nuts or bolts near where you need, get a small 90 degree bracket from bunnings, and mount the sensor onto that. Drill the hole in the bracket to the right size for the bolt, and put the bolt back in :D

I've popped it in where i said.

Removed the old sensor completely (easy as)

And attatched it to that.

It's only held on by one bolt but nice and secure and doesn;t look like it's going anywhere in a hurry.

I used the standard pressure feed line from the old sensor too but as it was so small, i couldn't get the little filter on.

I think it should be OK without it though, as the oldie didn't have one.

Oh yeah, the cables were long enough to go down the driver side corner throught were most people feed their boost lines, and reach all the way along the inner wall to the Power FC.

Not much left over but definaltly enough.

Schweeeeet :banana:

Also, i came with another loong cable which i didn't even use? What's with that?

Has to hack 2 wires and re-solder but that was pretty easy

Now to get tuned up...... exciting times for me !

All these new toys!

I love popping the bonnet and going. "i did that...n that..n that etc"

Such a show off, hehe

(And that's when there's no one else to show....oops)

I must admit, got done for speeding years ago.

They checked my bonnet which was OK.

They were pretty cool, got fined but i deserved it and they could see i was being co-operative, and so were they.

So i took the oportunity to ask em about my exhaust if it was too loud etc as i had no idea....they were.. no probs, rev it a few times and drop off.....no probs, not even close.

...and zen,

I was, "hey check out my Rev Speed Meter, look what it does"

Haha......so stupid when looking back, but they thought it was pretty funny :banana:

OK, here's some pics.

Solenoid is sitting on the same bracket as the original R33 solenoid using 2 zip ties for now.

(It will be 2 nuts/bolts when i can get some the right size)

That pic also shows the wiring to the original solenoid which was snipped and soldered back to the new solenoid.

Pretty obvious in the pic plus you can see the purple tipped socket waiting to be plugged back in.

post-5823-1178328352.jpg

Just for fun, i covered the APEXi sticker which states "BOOST CONTROL VALVE"...SIF !

post-5823-1178328308.jpg

And finally, the sensor mounted on the original sensor braket again.

One bolt only on the left/bottom (a bit hard to see) but tightened up and it stays level.

..and you can see the leads going off into the corner for the usual feed down to the grommet near the accelerator pedal.

post-5823-1178328271.jpg

• 6 months later...

Birnie,

Mate could you post the pics up again as my PFC controler is not allowing any increase in boost, always sits at .96 bar no matter what i adjust.

Either have the wiring wrong or the piping wrong i think.

Hey mate, those photos are probably long gone but I'll check the PC.

Also, I'm in the GTST so i don't know how that would compare to the GTR twin setup??

I can always take more photos.....

Someone else has had issues with the setup and got it sorted on here with just typed responses.

keep searching......but if you get stuck and really need pics, i'll get something for you.

If you want....(i'm on night shift tonight and the car is downstairs) i can check where the pipes are going in and out..

Might be worth posting up pics of what you've done.

Cheers....Birnie