SAU Community

Wastegate Actuator Swapping

hey guys, i just bought an r33 turbo the other day to go on my r32. i'm still psyching up to do this

thing is they say to use the r32 actuator bcs it is set at 10 pounds. no worries.

i have read and searched and everyone just says to "just swap over the actuators (between turbos)" no one actually details how to do that for us backyard mechanics...they just say "it's easy" ....not even in that projectr32 website.

ive tried fiddling with my r33 turbo and can't figure out whether the actutor and rod should like pull out from the wastegate end....so that u transfer actuator and rod.

or whether the rod pulls out from the actuator so u just transfer the actutors and not rods...

anyone able to go into detail of how these disconnect cos i dun wanna break/bend something accidentally that needs to be fairly acturate and sensitive

thanks a billion

jeremy

actuators that i've played around with have 2 bolts holding it onto the compressor side. u take them off.

then at the end of the arm there is a circlip holding it onto the flappers arm, you take it off with a flathead screwdriver / similar

thats it

haha thanks guys

i'll give it a try

i thought that it would sorta unclip at the wastegate end like u said...but didnt wanna try to hard incase i made something snap...cos then there goes my whole wastegate pretty much

thanks guys