SAU Community

Just Joined

oldie

head light height adjustment on a series 2? really ? if so thats one more gadget I can play with when the car finally gets here.

\

I'm guessing that yours is a late (post-August) 1998 model, so it's a series 2, right? In that case, the 3-stage switch is probably for your headlight height adjustment.

Not sure about the other things, maybe post some pictures and see what the consensus is?

yep 3 stagea switch is for the headlights up n down. next to mine i have a little flashing LED for my blackwidow immobilizer not sure what your switch is for, but just bout every series 2 ive seen has something different there so good luck....

They are xenon from standard but compliance workshops remove them during their process, and replace them with a dodgey gay wiring setup and lights that blow every 3 weeks, lucky i dont do much night time driving and my dads mate owns a workshop i just drop in a take some globes when i need them.

saw a set of the original xenon resistor units, wiring and globes start at a dollar on ebay and finish for over $850 so they ain't cheap.

Question for everyone else; are compliance shops allowed to take these in my opinion if youve bought the car you own everything in it and they can't take it. how do i go about footing them up the arse and taking them back? ill just have to go flog $850 worth of intercooler n bits from their workshop

They are xenon from standard but compliance workshops remove them during their process, and replace them with a dodgey gay wiring setup and lights that blow every 3 weeks, lucky i dont do much night time driving and my dads mate owns a workshop i just drop in a take some globes when i need them.

saw a set of the original xenon resistor units, wiring and globes start at a dollar on ebay and finish for over $850 so they ain't cheap.

Question for everyone else; are compliance shops allowed to take these in my opinion if youve bought the car you own everything in it and they can't take it. how do i go about footing them up the arse and taking them back? ill just have to go flog $850 worth of intercooler n bits from their workshop

yeh this was talked about recently, not sure what forum but the conclusion was everything that car came with is yours.....i believe your well within your rights to ask for them.......not sure if i'm correct tho

I was alerted by someone else on these forums stating they didnt get their xenon lights back, so I made sure I rang and asked about it. Before I even got 1/2 way thru the sentence he assured me they bag everything they change and ship it over with the car.

depending on how straightforward the swap over is I may or may not swap back to the xenon lights!

hmm that doesn't sound right either - yes they will replace them with a halogen setup (like most other cars on the road except maybe new bmw's and lexus's?).

But i've had my headlights in for 12 months and only replaced them voluntarily to do a road trip interstate cos I thought my "original" ones weren't that bright. Turns out there was probably nothing wrong with them so there you go.

Definitely shouldn't need to replace them every 3 weeks (not sure if you were exaggerating but even twice a year is way too often!!).

While we're talking headlights, I did notice when I replaced mine that my right side headlight doesn't sit in properly. Normally the clip will hold it tight so it cant move - well thats how my left side one is, but the right side one can wobble about a mm or half a mm up and down. Not enough to make a difference and it definitely wont fall out or anything but I guess it does mean its a bit of a dodgy setup...

I wonder if the compliance workshops all use a similar setup or not??

I was alerted by someone else on these forums stating they didnt get their xenon lights back, so I made sure I rang and asked about it. Before I even got 1/2 way thru the sentence he assured me they bag everything they change and ship it over with the car.

depending on how straightforward the swap over is I may or may not swap back to the xenon lights!

if the compliance shop does the usual butcher job on the zennons you will never get them to work again as they hack out the wiring .pm me for more info nudge nudge wink wink say no more

They are xenon from standard but compliance workshops remove them during their process

Bugger... I was hoping for xenon lights too. What a shame... hopefully whoever is doing mine will be a little more careful.

it was bit of an over exageration ive replaced them 3 times in 12 months but that is too much in my books, ive done a bit bettter job insulating the plugs and crap they put on and havent blown since. The wiring for headlights looks hella dodgey in my car.

it was bit of an over exageration ive replaced them 3 times in 12 months but that is too much in my books, ive done a bit bettter job insulating the plugs and crap they put on and havent blown since. The wiring for headlights looks hella dodgey in my car.

So definitely no go with putting Xenons back on? I just don't see the logic behind taking them off for compliance... I thought Xenons ARE a good thing, especially if they are adjustable (glare).

dont know how the system works but does the headlight height adjustment work with non Xenon lights.

Tried adjusting mine with the the three way switch on the right of the steering column and it didnt do squat. Im gonna have to also check the wiring on the right headlight set up cause I noticed that it flicked off & on a few times. Bodgy brothers strikes again.

Dont want to hijack this forum but just wanted to say, sunday night had a early model Impreza wagon & late model Audi S4 try it on. Chewed up & spatt out. Ha...............no mods, just a sweet launch

Tried adjusting mine with the the three way switch on the right of the steering column and it didnt do squat. Im gonna have to also check the wiring on the right headlight set up cause I noticed that it flicked off & on a few times. Bodgy brothers strikes again.

Dont want to hijack this forum but just wanted to say, sunday night had a early model Impreza wagon & late model Audi S4 try it on. Chewed up & spatt out. Ha...............no mods, just a sweet launch

holy shitttt that volvo gets into it...........f+*#ck