SAU Community

Your Valued Opinions On My New Front Bar?

Hi,

just would like to run these pics past you guys, see what you think of this new bar.

It's a TRUST.

I have included a pic of my car with original bar, taken a few weeks back....prior to taking a hit.

Anyways, some clown reversed into my car, and via insurance (all paid for by the clown), I thought I'd take the opportunity to change things a bit.

(Lucky I was still in the car when it happened!!!)

At first, when I went to pick the car up from the panel shop, I thought to myself...'wot the faaark have I done!!"...but I like it very much now.

It seems to have been fitted very well too.

I hate speed bumps!! especially now!!!

Now, if I could just get some glass headlights!!!

Regards,

Superspit.

post-9261-1180339188_thumb.jpg

post-9261-1180339267_thumb.jpg

post-9261-1180339308_thumb.jpg

post-9261-1180339429_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man if u want something unique then dont get the second most common bar around....

hehehe...I had no idea it was the second most common!!

Not sure if I actually wanted something 'unique'...just a little more aggressive without too much 'rice'. (I am not knocking 'rice', by the way!!)

But thanx man.

Regards,

Spit.

very nice, but how is the 'line now when youre driving it around town? i could only imagine it scraping it every second speed hump >_<

Hi deriq,

I'm in the process of learning where I can and can't go......I have HKS adjustable coils,...so I'm thinking that I may (or may not) have to raise her a little (bummer!!).

I am taking everything on an angle now, including my driveway!!

So far, just a few little scrapes, not bad though.

Spit.

Hi deriq,

I'm in the process of learning where I can and can't go......I have HKS adjustable coils,...so I'm thinking that I may (or may not) have to raise her a little (bummer!!).

I am taking everything on an angle now, including my driveway!!

So far, just a few little scrapes, not bad though.

Spit.

I'm getting a few comments on the front indicator lamps, apparently they look a bit 'trailerish'??

I think I might get some low profile ones, but keep them round. (???)

Looking for more thoughts, negs, pos...whatever!!

Thanx,

Spit.

Edited by superspit

I'm getting a few comments on the front indicator lamps, apparently they look a bit 'trailerish'??

I think I might get some low profile ones, but keep them round. (???)

Looking for more thoughts, negs, pos...whatever!!

Thanx,

Spit.

Hey mate good choice of bar I got the same one and I don't care how many other cars have them very agressive style. I got my park lights turned into indicators so I didn't have to bolt anything on the front, not sure of the legalities but never had any problems, cost me $40 just had to fit a relay and that was it.

it looks great just needs some matching side skirts and rear pods or 400r rear bar. Also the 4 door headlights dont match the white, get some 2 door ones.

Edited by URAS

it looks great just needs some matching side skirts and rear pods or 400r rear bar. Also the 4 door headlights dont match the white, get some 2 door ones.

Hi URAS,..and thanx.

4 door headlights???..mate, I'm confused as all 5uck now....the car is almost stock....(I thought!!)...can you give me more info mate?

Regards,

Spit.

Hey mate good choice of bar I got the same one and I don't care how many other cars have them very agressive style. I got my park lights turned into indicators so I didn't have to bolt anything on the front, not sure of the legalities but never had any problems, cost me $40 just had to fit a relay and that was it.

sounds coooool GR33...can u supply us any pics...sounds very intersesting!!

Thanx for the comments!

Regards,

Spit.

they could have just been painted... i dunno... but these are normal ones...

img0492oz3ra8.jpg

black surrounds brova!

hehehe..I got it now DRD..thanx...I like the black..niiiice.

Mine appear to be chrome!!..does that in itself make them 4 -door?

Regards,

Spit.

Hi URAS,..and thanx.

4 door headlights???..mate, I'm confused as all 5uck now....the car is almost stock....(I thought!!)...can you give me more info mate?

Regards,

Spit.

4dr have chrome inards, 2dr have black inards from memory.

4dr have chrome inards, 2dr have black inards from memory.

well, foock me...learn something new everyday...

I wonder how/why those lights made it there, ..must've been done in Yokahama, where I got the car years ago!!

That's kookey!!

Thanx Uras.

hehehe..I got it now DRD..thanx...I like the black..niiiice.

Mine appear to be chrome!!..does that in itself make them 4 -door?

Regards,

Spit.

it would appear so...

PS: you have too much mesh in your bar... get an aftermarket intercooler in there, it looks WAY better :P

it would appear so...

PS: you have too much mesh in your bar... get an aftermarket intercooler in there, it looks WAY better :P

hehehe!...out with the POD and in with the FMIC you reckon!!!!!!

sounds good, I'll be doing this as a final mod soon. (I think it was around $1600 for a reasonable set-up and install?)

It's a bit odd that the guys at the panel shop put 'open weave' mesh in the grill and closed mesh on the bar...

Anyways.,may fool some peeps!!!lol!

Thanx DRD!

oh yeah...we haven't really talked about those Hella indicators of mine....do you guys like them, or should I source some flatter, lower profile ones??

Regards,

Spit.