SAU Community

Kakimoto Exhaust

Hi all,

I've been offered a kakimoto full mega n1 exhaust for cheap and was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this exhaust.

I read somewhere that it was insanely loud but i think they were referring to the full dual model. is there any truth to this? Or does it sound ok.

Thanks

i have the kakimoto n1+ full mega premium (rb26only), haven't installed it yet, but the finish is superb and i've heard one on a gtr before and it was hands down the best.. then i went and bought one! (108 dB+)

I am pretty sure that is what I have on my GTR (can't read Japanese but looks like the pics in the catalogs - 3.5" ~ 90mm).

With standard cat, dumps and top pipes it wasn't too bad. Idle note is good and just goes up from there, full throttle loud but purposeful.

With big metalcat, custom 3" dumps/top pipes - Believe me you won't want to be a shrinking violet. Idle note is better, gently, gently creep around on light throttle ok, open it up and you can be heard from a long way away. Full throttle note is nasty.

Quality is excellent.

Hope it helps

ahhh its the best exhaust, had one in my 33 gtst and mate had one in his 33 gtr. its a distinct noise. but yeah pretty damn loud haha but not a drone loud.

hey mate, i brought it off you! :D has a tough exhaust note and a very nice looking system. very happy with it, id snap it up in an instant!

Hey alexK where did you get yours from? and for how much? I thought that that a full kakimoto N1 exhaust replaces up until the dump pipes, as in the three peice one.

Are they throaty sounds like a classic V8 or more turbo type sounding....

cheers

R

Guest intouch

kakimoto are not bad! They can be abit more restricting in comparison to other exhausts like the pe2. I have an impul one, they have a tough note, and very good flow. If you can find one, snap it up!

Hey alexK where did you get yours from? and for how much? I thought that that a full kakimoto N1 exhaust replaces up until the dump pipes, as in the three peice one.

Are they throaty sounds like a classic V8 or more turbo type sounding....

cheers

R

pm sent

They are very throaty