SAU Community

Carmate Bonnets

Ok CARMATE again heard mixed reactions about them from searching the threads...

Has anyone bought fibreglass bonnets from them? How did they fit? quality etc? Anyone recommend them? hate them? im interstate so whats there postage lik? Dont wanna be screwed again!

Thanks

Edited by Adz2332

Has anyone bought fibreglass bonnets from them? How did they fit? quality etc? Anyone recommend them? hate them? im interstate so whats there postage lik? Dont wanna be screwed again!

Thanks

i bought one a while back, whilst the bonnet fits well i had a hell of a time gettin paint to stick to the pathetic fiberglassing job so i had to have it re fiberglassed also the latch area of the underside of the bonnet is not the best either, decision is up to you

here is a pic of mine

post-36541-1181197462_thumb.jpg

i bought one a while back, whilst the bonnet fits well i had a hell of a time gettin paint to stick to the pathetic fiberglassing job so i had to have it re fiberglassed also the latch area of the underside of the bonnet is not the best either, decision is up to you

here is a pic of mine

haha thats the same bonnet im looking at! Did you tell them about it? What did they say

I'm looking for the combat scoop reverse vented bonnet,

I asked motorkitz but their ones are no longer available,

and I can't find it anywhere else, does any1 know of some sites?

Thanks

mate customer service is non existant....

but for the price the fibreglass bonnets they sell are good, Im looking to buy one soon...

I bought a FTO bonnet off Carmate, price was ok, quality was ok, latch was alittle off but nothing too major to fix.

Got it sent to Canberra with not much problem.

but as everyone else has said, customer service could be much better. Wished their Carbon fibre bonnets were lighter and legal.

I bought a FTO bonnet off Carmate, price was ok, quality was ok, latch was alittle off but nothing too major to fix.

Got it sent to Canberra with not much problem.

but as everyone else has said, customer service could be much better. Wished their Carbon fibre bonnets were lighter and legal.

thanks for the reply! i wish any carbon fibre was legal id buy that in an instant but i guess till that happens fibre glass is the way to go

dude just import a bonnet from japan. they are not that bad and I've heard good feedback about fitment etc.

why be cheap on the product when your going to have to make up for the cost of bloody fitting it to your car.

a sponsor on ns.com quoted me $1300AUD for a D-max carbon fibre vented bonnet. So probably the fibreglass ones would be cheaper.

i got a carbon fibre bonnet for a series 2 r33 from carmate and its great. fits near perfect, latch is spot on. no complaints at all from me, my cars gun metal grey, so carbon fibre doesnt stand out much at all on my car :)