SAU Community

R32 Bonnet latch and support

Zabuza

Hey all, I’m looking for a hood latch and the support that it mounts to for an R32 GTR. Im putting a gtr hood on my gtst and ruined my HCR32 latch support in the process of trying to modify it to work. I’ve tried fb marketplace, eBay, japan eBay and various other sites and can find absolutely nothing , any help to steer me in the right direction would be appreciated.

If you've got a standard GTR bonnet, then go with this:
https://justjap.com/products/jjr-bonnet-damper-gas-strut-nissan-skyline-r32-gtr?currency=AUD

You'll need to adjust the struts if you have a fibreglass or carbon bonnet though.

6 hours ago, funkymonkey said:

If you've got a standard GTR bonnet, then go with this:
https://justjap.com/products/jjr-bonnet-damper-gas-strut-nissan-skyline-r32-gtr?currency=AUD

You'll need to adjust the struts if you have a fibreglass or carbon bonnet though.

Yeah, nah. I think he wrecked the closure latch and the vertical support steelwork, which is an essential change when putting a GTR bonnet onto a GTSt.

On 2/20/2024 at 6:33 PM, funkymonkey said:

Oh my bad, I was thinking of the bonnet support.

latch and mounting bracket is a trip to the wreckers. try the S13 bonnet latch, looks remarkably similar: 65601-35F00

yeah exactly what GTSboy said. Good shout though, I could look into that. Also y’all be careful of the people on this attached image . Pretty positive I’ve been scammed by this douche , if you see the message sender or the forum member he mentioned steer clear (not 100% sure if the message sender was in on in it) but definitely seems the person who owns that email is a scammer. Was told I’d get my latch from him in 3-5 days, now it’s been 8 and he won’t reply to any of my emails anymore.

IMG_7686.jpeg

That sucks. Sounds very sketchy. Some random account without any real contributions sending you the alleged email of someone else on the forums. I presume you didn't talk to @pol1on1 directly? He hasn't been signed in on the forums for 2 years.

Makes me wonder whether someone like @PranK has access to users' messages and could check whether this was tried on other people.

• Like 2

Yeah looking back I totally ignored some things I shouldn’t have so I put some blame on myself, I was just overly excited thinking I finally found a latch and somewhat blindly went with it. I did not talk to that user he mentioned directly and I did think it was weird he DM’d me with a direct email contact instead of just replying to this post. The guy did send me pictures of all the supposed latches he has but now I think they were probably just pictures ripped off of previous sales done elsewhere online. Would be cool if someone could look into it , just wanted to bring attention to it cause I don’t want anybody else to get scammed.

Yep, fair enough. That's how it can get anyone in the end. Thanks for sharing!

Btw, did you reach out to wreckers for the bonnet latch? Looks like jpjdm may have had one in stock at some point:

https://jpjdm.com/shop/index.php?id_product=2994&rewrite=nissan-skyline-r32-bonnet-latch&controller=product

They say to message them for requests as their listings don't show all they have.

• Like 1

Sorry this happened @Zabuza. Not much we can do unfortunately, looks like the IP's used were in the states.

The account has been banned but not deleted so we still have access to the PM's if we need them.

We will be putting a PM restriction on all accounts until they've posted 15 times. Hopefully will help us weed out any more scammers as the SAU'ers will be prompt to report any dodgy posts. 

• Like 1

I've had good experiences with ZenMarket. Shipping is straightforward with them. Can throw the links in there as well and it'll translate. Or use their search directly.

In a way it works too well. I had to stop browsing there because I kept buying stuff and then not using it...

• Thanks 1

FWIW Zenmarket has a shipping calculator: https://zenmarket.jp/en/calc.aspx

In my experience they are pretty reasonable. Don't want to start sounding like a shill but for buying stuff from Japan it has worked really well for me.

My understanding is that Jesse Streeter (also) does container shipping. So for big things that can't fit in regular parcels he's the way to go. Like when buying a new bonnet.

• Like 1