SAU Community

R32 gtr front brake on r32 gtst

couchboy

Hi guys 

I'm after some advice types of brakelines. I've got got some r32 gtr calipers on the front of my r32 gtst race car. The problem I've got is the brake line is rubs on the brake ducting. My question is, is there any other type of line that will work like a banjo bolt type, it needs to  be short so it does rub. I've got the gk tech hard line delete at the moment.

20240423_210735.jpg

20240423_210723.jpg

20240423_172244.jpg

Put some more sleeve/hose over the top of the brake line for protection and let it rub?

Make a plastic or metal nozzle to provide the last little bit of length of duct. The nozzle made to clear the brake line, the cooling air hose shortened to keep it away from the brake line?

Make a short hard line to move the end of the brake hose away? (by far the best of the easy options).

Looks to me like going over the top would be better but that would require some custom lines.

How often is the wheel turned that far? I think @GTSBoy's suggestion of adding a sleeve and letting it rub seems like a valid option?

1 hour ago, couchboy said:

Cheers guys for ideas, gives me something to think about. @PranK my local track has one hairpin turn and also street sprints I want to do have hairpin turns so a few.

:1310_thumbsup_tone1:its hard to tell in the pics just how far it is turned. Let us know how you go.

• Like 1

Two layers of race tape on the brake duct. One piece of split firesleeve, silicone hose or something similar (and 2x cable ties) on the brake hose.

Boost off into the sunset and stop caring about it. Until the inspection 6 months later, that is.

• 2 weeks later...

So after having a think about what I was going to do I went with the banjo fitting option. As I'm in New Zealand I end up getting all the bit from Franklin performance for $200. Its better than the what I had before, but will have to put some tape around the ducting and once the car is going will send it and see how it goes 🏎💨🤙.

20240501_185908.jpg

20240501_185729.jpg

20240501_185216.jpg