SAU Community

Where Can I Get Motul Rbf600?

dan.1337

Checked another Autobarn. They have it for $34.99 per 500ml bottle. Sounds pricey. Is that about right? Castrol dot 4 is only $10.

I get it from autobarn in Moorabbin and pay about that.

And if you think the $34odd (for 500ml) dollars is expensive try buying the castrol racing brake fluid....1 litre for about the $120 mark!!

Yeah price is right, good stuff though. Worst bit is I have an amost full bottle sitting in the garage. I had to open it as 1 wasn't enough when I was bleeding the brakes. Apparently its not good to leave it sitting round even though it's done up tight. Anyone know how true this is?

How longs it been sitting there?

I cant see how it sitting there would effect it, I mean it may sit on the shelves for months b4 sold.

Unless its once its been opened then its "shelf life" begins?

But yeah, 100% Autobarn should have it, if they dont ask them to call neighbouring stores for ya so u can swing past there n get.

I know the Scumshine store has plenty of them. :domokun:

Motorbike shops are the go :) I got it there last time and they always tend to have it. Where abouts are you?

Edit - Just re-read your post. Check the Motorbike shops down on Burwood Hwy in FTG near Safeway :)

Yep Try The motorbike shops there.. that's where i get mine from. The one with the Jetski shop downstairs... Don't think i was paying that much, think it was $25 or something, maybe 30...

Yeah price is right, good stuff though. Worst bit is I have an amost full bottle sitting in the garage. I had to open it as 1 wasn't enough when I was bleeding the brakes. Apparently its not good to leave it sitting round even though it's done up tight. Anyone know how true this is?

Yeah I think the reason is the moisture in the air gets into it which is bad. But think about it - what about the fluid in your master cyl that is sitting there with a lid on it (probably not as air tight as the lid on the RBF600 bottle).... so yeah i don't belive it. I've got a half bottle sitting in my toolbox draw with the lid really tight...

Yeah I think the reason is the moisture in the air gets into it which is bad. But think about it - what about the fluid in your master cyl that is sitting there with a lid on it (probably not as air tight as the lid on the RBF600 bottle).... so yeah i don't belive it. I've got a half bottle sitting in my toolbox draw with the lid really tight...

Yep spot on ferni....as far as I know as you move up the dot rating (dot 4 - dot 5 - dot 5.1 etc) the brake fluid becomes more succeptable to absorbing water and as we know the higher the water content in the fluid the lower the boilng point etc which in turn means a dodgier brake pedal. This is why dot 4 brake fluid in most everyday cars don't need to be replaced as often as dot 5.1 fluid.

That said as long as you don't leave the container open for extended periods and the cap is on tight it should last a while.