SAU Community

Central 20 Ecu

Hey all

I have a central 20 ecu, which is now working along with a emanage...

heres my question. what exactly is a central 20 ecu? im thinking its a remap done in japan?

whats it good for?

should i go back to the stock ecu + emanage??

cheers

Had a quick look at the central 20 website link. It looks like they are a fairlady tuning house. The computer is offered for sale separately or with cams, manifolds, mufflers so I guess theres not much chance of finding out what version your is unless you chuck it on a dyno

Esentially it's like a PFC, but you need a new chip to sire a new map everytime, it's a R33 remaped computer with a socket to accept new chips, NOT an R32 computer that is currantly used to run R33 remaps. It's completely different inside to that.

Dr Drift can apparantly now remap these if you like, and the Chips are $5.

I have one on my car and it rocks, produced 217 rwKw at 15psi with stock turbo. I also have SAFC II form previous setup, but the fuel maps were preatty close to what i needed anyhow so the SAFC is just as an extra readout.

well it is, it has the same board with a different chip. It is still much chepper to get a central 20 ecu and new chips, get the hardware form nippan and do it that way.

WHAT i was really trying to say, is that is a compleatly different ecu from the current Dr Drfit R32/33 remap ecus.

anyway, that's all.

Edited by WogsRus

it's a standard ecu that has had a socket soldered onto it so that the eprom can be easily removed and changed. so yes, it's a re-mapped factory ecu.

it may phyiscally look similar but that's about it. i mean, it's the same basic platform. without an emulator you cannot tune it in real time for starters. saying. "it's essentially a PFC" is complete rubbish though. It's far more accurate to say it's a standard ecu with a removeable chip... which it is. you could also say I guess that a power FC is based on factory type computers but there are many, many differences.

Beer baron, should i leave the central 20 + emanage or go stock ecu + emanage?

well it wont really make much difference now. may as well just stick with the C20 and emanage. but if say you found someone willing to trade you a stock ecu, and a $100 for your central 20 then go for it.

my point is the only thing that makes a central 20 ecu a central 20 ecu is the tuning done on it's chip. once you take that out and get a new tune it's just as stock ecu with a chip written by <insert tuners name>.