SAU Community

Moving Downward

Aif

hay guys & girls,

my lady friend and i are moving to the ACT this weekend and i was woundering:

- do i need to get a RWC for every rego renewal (not nessasary in QLD)?

- what do i need complience plates for (mods listed below).

- how much are u guys paying for rego and fuel.

anyway, hopefully ill be right to come for thge ignition and photo shoot cruise's,

Cheers,

Aif

P.S does anyone know of a really good mobile detailer?

Welcome!

Your car should only need to be inspected once (provided it passes), not yearly. not sure about compliance. the price of fuel varies. i filled up the other day with BP Ulitmate at $1.33 per litre, which has been the cheapest its been for while. as for a good detailer, maybe if you ask Bullet32 nicely and offer a nice incentive, he may do it for you (was formly head detailer for BMW). depends if he's in a nice mood or not.... but no garuntee's.

again, welcome to the cold. your body wont like it, but your car will! ;)

hay guys & girls,

my lady friend and i are moving to the ACT this weekend and i was woundering:

- do i need to get a RWC for every rego renewal (not nessasary in QLD)?

- what do i need complience plates for (mods listed below).

- how much are u guys paying for rego and fuel.

anyway, hopefully ill be right to come for thge ignition and photo shoot cruise's,

Cheers,

Aif

P.S does anyone know of a really good mobile detailer?

i just found out today that just cars want $790 for 3rd party fire and theft as apposed to my current $437, WTF !

new q for this thread (sry to change the topic but i didnt want to start a new one).

what are you guys doing for insurance? im 22 M and living around tuggeranong.

and does this mean my rego will be heaps more then in brissy?

may have to get a trade section for my arse to pay for my car.

im a sad panda

Aif

It depends which suburb you live in. I was in Belconnen central, then moved 2 suburbs away to Melba and I saved $90 a year on my third party.

Rego shouldn't change much, as it's standard for whatever the weight of the car you own. CTP is included in ACT rego too.

You could always be a moron like me and not renew your insurance, they wanted something ridiculous like $4,000 a year for comprehensive with a 1,800 excess and all sorts of other little extras...

also car rego in the ACT is about to go up apparently...

also, welcome to the ACT :D

shit. . . .

my car got picked up by the transport company and the dude taking it didnt seem like he'd had experience with lowered, performance cars or button clutchs.

also,

i woke up yesterday and found frost on my car and thought f@ck its pritty cold and thn thought about how cold ACT will be and whimpered a little. see you guys soon. if you see a red r33 with qld plates and a giant driving it say g'day.

Aif

Welcome to Canberra Aif!

Canberra is freezing cold, except for today. Today is a very good day.

I do find ACT a little too strict on mods. Avoid going through the RTA pits... I mistakenly took my 180sx to the pits to update engine number and do the right thing, then they gave me defects on window tint, ride height and exhaust noise.

Highway patrol cars can defect you also, so watch out... if you can somehow keep your QLD rego, I'd do it. ACT cops can't defect my car because it's NSW registered.

But then, my neighbour is a highway patrol cop, he loves my car. :blink:

Welcome to Canberra Aif!

Canberra is freezing cold, except for today. Today is a very good day.

I do find ACT a little too strict on mods. Avoid going through the RTA pits... I mistakenly took my 180sx to the pits to update engine number and do the right thing, then they gave me defects on window tint, ride height and exhaust noise.

Highway patrol cars can defect you also, so watch out... if you can somehow keep your QLD rego, I'd do it. ACT cops can't defect my car because it's NSW registered.

But then, my neighbour is a highway patrol cop, he loves my car. :D

lol, cheers man, i'll hopefully be keeping my plates till october and will get my ride height set so the fuzz are happy. thanks for all your advise guys.

c you'll soon

Aif

And another thing I've noticed.... if you transfer your driver's license from one state to another (which you need to do, if you want to transfer car rego to another state), for some reason, your loss of demerit points don't seem to transfer with your new license. :laugh:

Has anyone else notice that?

All you need to transfer your license to another state is a phone bill or electricity bill, with your name & your new address on it.

Someone has both ACT & NSW driver's licence. That's 24 points. Apparently RTA forgot to take the old license back. Does that mean, if you go for your Learners again....you get another "real" id?

Firstly, welcome to sunny canberra, its sunny, but cold.

Second, as stated it depends on which suburb, but I only hope your not moving to Kambah or you will pay through the roof for insurance :domokun: (no offense to those living in Kambah)

Thirdly:

You could always be a moron like me and not renew your insurance, they wanted something ridiculous like $4,000 a year for comprehensive with a 1,800 excess and all sorts of other little extras...

also car rego in the ACT is about to go up apparently...

also, welcome to the ACT :laugh:

I actually heard the opposite, they are planning on getting rid of CTP and making it so that you can get your own third party which can work out a lot cheaper for some people and more for others, but in the end rego itself will be cheaper due to not paying CTP, apparently...

i woke up yesterday and found frost on my car and thought f@ck its pritty cold and thn thought about how cold ACT will be and whimpered a little

Be prepared to whimper a lot. Its subZero most mornings in winter. It was -7 one morning this week at mine. 3-4 weeks ago, there was 2" of snow on my car, so cold, the paint fell off my car like mummy dust... Ok ditto the dust comment.. its cold, and dry and im Swedish!

The RTA pits are a lil harsh on imports, but its because the normal plod cops are very lax and cooperative in my interactions with them. If you look/act like a enthusiast, not a *** w_nker, F&F drifter, or P-plate Grand Prix racer, minor things like lowering, noise will be over looked. Compared to VIC we have it very well indeed.

Welcome to ACT man, eyes peeled for a giant in a 33! :laugh:

Welcome to ACT (and Tuggers)

I too will be looking for a giant in a red 33 :banana: I'll be the other Qld number plates you see running around Tuggers.

I'm insured with Shannons, was about $600 for the GTST and around $900 for the GTR - comprehensive, must be garaged when at home and a free windscreen each year if required (I'm told its as simple as a trip to Windscreens O'Brien and they invoice Shannons direct).

They gave me a lecture about anyone else driving my GTR, but otherwise all went well. I suspect this is because they thought I was too old (grrr) to be driving around in a GTR and must have been insuring on behalf of a teenage son LOL Age and a no claim bonus are on my side here though.

Cheers

Michele

thanks for the feed back guys and gals, ill be getting my car back this thursday so i dont have to drive a hyundai GetZ, then ill be keen for a cruise.

also sry for the delayed replies, i havce to go to manuka copy shop for the internet,

just out of curiousity does anyone know how to fit a hicas boss kit to and r33? i keep getting my light coming on when im on a long stretch of highway and my car horn doesnt work. if anyone can help can u send me a txt on 0423 143 211, (will need this fixed before RWC).

Thank you

Aif

Your surname is familiar.. I will need to catch up with you some day. hehe

apparently theres a dude at the good guys with the same last name as me.

singed up for 3broadband today. woot

Aif

there sure is. he's one of my best mates.... thought you may have been a relation or something, cause this is only the 2nd time i've seen that surname.