SAU Community

Sr20det Low Power ? Help Please

I have an sr20det powered 180sx my last dyno run was 160rwkw on 13psi it,s got extractors turbo back exhaust front mount hks 2530 turbo the tuners here are usless and i need advise on where i'm going so wrong any sugestions are welcome.

cheers

you need to give us more information.. the only thing we can deduct from what you have told us so far is that your not making what you should be.

even with the stock computer you should make more then that at 13psi. post up the graph, gives us a complete run down of mods (afm, injectors, pump etc), what did your tuner say, anything unusual happening etc

you need to give us more information.. the only thing we can deduct from what you have told us so far is that your not making what you should be.

even with the stock computer you should make more then that at 13psi. post up the graph, gives us a complete run down of mods (afm, injectors, pump etc), what did your tuner say, anything unusual happening etc

I'm in mildura no1 here that knows what there on about.

it is an sr20det running

-full exhaust including masa motorsport extractor manafold

-pod filter

-600x300x90 front mount

-bosch 044 fuel pump

-HKS GT2530 turbo

-13psi

as far as the computer, injectors and fuel reg, air flow meter are all standard.

The only thing the tuner said was the fuel was slightly on the lean side lower in the rev range before it comes on boost and richens up to the top but 12.5-1 which is on the lean side anyway.

I have attatched the dyno graph of my last 2 runs the blue is with a HKS gt2540 and the red is the same mods but with a HKS gt2530.

Hope there is enough info there

post-40466-1184853122_thumb.jpg

I'm in mildura no1 here that knows what there on about.

it is an sr20det running

-full exhaust including masa motorsport extractor manafold

-pod filter

-600x300x90 front mount

-bosch 044 fuel pump

-HKS GT2530 turbo

-13psi

as far as the computer, injectors and fuel reg, air flow meter are all standard.

The only thing the tuner said was the fuel was slightly on the lean side lower in the rev range before it comes on boost and richens up to the top but 12.5-1 which is on the lean side anyway.

I have attatched the dyno graph of my last 2 runs the blue is with a HKS gt2540 and the red is the same mods but with a HKS gt2530.

Hope there is enough info there

post-40466-1184853122_thumb.jpg

2530 has a much nicer power curve scribble :D

cant help with ur problem though :S sorry

stock ECU is the problem.

it's not tunable (well it can be re-chipped) but you said yours is stock.

so it's gonna run like a bucket with all that extra air flow.

stock Fuel pump too?

you need.

Power FC

Injectors

Fuel pump

18psi.

that should be plenty for over 200rwkw

and obviously a good tuner.

stock ECU is the problem.

it's not tunable (well it can be re-chipped) but you said yours is stock.

so it's gonna run like a bucket with all that extra air flow.

stock Fuel pump too?

you need.

Power FC

Injectors

Fuel pump

18psi.

that should be plenty for over 200rwkw

and obviously a good tuner.

people pull more then 160rwkw on the stock ECU all the time, i dont think thats the issue

13psi on a 2530 isnt really much airflow, you can get that on the stock turbo.. the t25g can usually pull 175-180 with the support mods on 1 bar/~14psi

he also mentioned he had a bosch pump

if its lean, then 'richens' up to 12.5 in the top end you have a fuelling issue (check fuel pressure), your graph is very choppy. be aware that your injectors are going to max out very soon though, they definately need an upgrade for the full potential of the 2530 and also you need to swap your afm for at least an rb25 one.

13psi on a 2530 isnt really stretching her legs out..

so the scribbly graph could be to do with fuel reg ???

so as far as next upgrade for bout the 200rwkw mark which id be more than happy with would 550cc for injectors with a decent fuel reg, and air flow meter upgrade, is there a direct bolt on larger replacement ???? or what ever i do i need at least an ecu tune ????

the problem you have at the moment is the stock ECU!!!!!!!!!!

what it is doing is seeing the extra pessure and retarding the timing hence the reason you have power all over the place, you might have an issue with your fuel reg but you would usually having other problems with it like hesitation stalling etc when not on boost (however i could be wrong), i say get yourself a decent ecu some new injectors and a new afm as it will start to run out of res at around the 200rwkw mark. get it tuned and you should be making some good power

the problem you have at the moment is the stock ECU!!!!!!!!!!

what it is doing is seeing the extra pessure and retarding the timing hence the reason you have power all over the place, you might have an issue with your fuel reg but you would usually having other problems with it like hesitation stalling etc when not on boost (however i could be wrong), i say get yourself a decent ecu some new injectors and a new afm as it will start to run out of res at around the 200rwkw mark. get it tuned and you should be making some good power

do you even have any experience with sr20det's ??

the ecu doesnt see boost pressure fyi, it sees airflow from the afm. the stock t25g can run 1bar of airflow no problems on the stock ecu so i dont see how you deduce the ecu as the problem.

it would help your case alot if you could provide afr's and boost pressure layed ontop of that dyno sheet. but basically with the way the stock ecu behaves you should be getting around 10:1 afr's in the top end, not ~12.5. this would indicate lack of fuel pressure or lack of flow from the injectors. your already pushing it on the injectors in terms of flow, and so even a slight lack of pressure could push them to 100% where they will max out. its rare to find a faulty FPR, but first thing i would be doing is having your fuel pressure checked through the rpm range. did the tuner say what duty cycle the injectors were hitting ?

fwiw i ran a gt2530 turbo on my previous sr20det and pulled ~220rwkw on about 17psi with all supporting mods including step 1 cams. i also had similiar drama with fuel flow, it ended up being a 'faulty' walbro pump even though it was an original.